We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then will get to Milan to take train to Florence.. Thanks to this board we have good advice on the Swiss part, and now need advice on the Italy leg. Would like to go to Florence for 2 days and a Tuscan town for wineries for two days, then on to Venice,etc. What would be your recommendation for Tuscan town that's easy to get to from Florence, then easy to get to Venice, as we will not have a car? Many thanks.
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
Swiss Alps - 2 -days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 2 Norte Dame light show!
- 3 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Avignon
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 8 months around Europe
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 Favorite London memories
- 11 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 12 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 13 Ronda or Jerez
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 two days in rome
- 17 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 18 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 19 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 22 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 23 Budget trip
- 24 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona