This is my first post at Fodors, hope I have placed this topic under correct forum.
Me an my wife are scheduled to arrive at Rome FCO (30th May) and we will be spending a week in Italy and then travel to Swizterland and spend another week there and finally leave Zurich (on June 15th). Our Itinerary look like this -
Rome - Florence - Venice - (fly to) Basel - (train to) Interlaken - Montreux - Zermatt - Chur - Zurich.
All are train travel except from Venice to Basel. We currently have 3 check-in baggage (23Kg) and 2 Carry on (1 per person). Our actual travel is USA -> India -> Europe ->USA. Hence we have so many baggages!
(0) Is there any reliable, safe way to transfer few of our luggage to departing place Zurich from Rome and collect it a day before my departure (i.e. after two weeks) from Zurich?
(1) I have just two train journey in Italy, Do you think it is wise to carry luggage with us? Do trains have enough space to store big suitcases (23Kg)? Will I have to pay extra apart from ticket price to carry luggages?
(2) In Switzerland, I have quite a few train journey, so I really want to transfer few luggage to Zurich (Preferably from Italy itself, either from Rome or Venice), can you please throw-in some thoughts as to what we can do? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona tour option help please
- 2 2 week May trip with kids
- 3 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 6 Easter Week in Italy
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Airport Transfer
- 9 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 10 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 14 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 24 Dublin to Donegal
- 25 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice