Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Arrgh, Where to stay in Switzerland? BnB in central area?

Mar 30th, 2002, 06:42 PM
jeri

We will be in Switzerland for 2 days in July. We will have a car and would like to visit Luzern and Murren. Would like a room in a guest house or B&B? Have searched the net but so far nothing central? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Mar 30th, 2002, 08:45 PM
jw

I just came across bnb.ch and it seems to have quite a few possibilities. Take a look.

Mar 31st, 2002, 06:00 AM
Wayne

Don't know if you consider Interlaken to be cental, but if you do, there is a wonderful little B&B just outside Interlaken called Sunny Days. Web site is www.sunnydays.ch. Enjoy.

Mar 31st, 2002, 12:30 PM
Jeri

Wayne, thanks Sunny Days looks nice and we will put an inquiry to them. Any ideas on BnBs near Luzern, or between Luzern and Interlaken?

Mar 31st, 2002, 01:57 PM
Armand

We were in Murren in August 01. Be sure to stay towards the train station, as the view of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau is somewhat obscured at the other end of town. Hotel Alpina is not a B&B, and the rooms are small, but the view from the balconies is unparalled. One of the most magical places I've been. Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Apr 1st, 2002, 12:49 PM
Jeri

Armand, I'll mail you later, I just booked Villa Maria in Luzern and will start our itinery which will include Murren for a day trip, thanks for your help.