Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Area in Tallinn to meet requirements on area to stay
Notices

Area in Tallinn to meet requirements on area to stay

Oct 13th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Area in Tallinn to meet requirements on area to stay

Long time Fodors poster/info seeker going to Tallinni in November. Have searched the site but looking for the right info on the area of the city to stay. . Here are my requirements/wishes or what I am looking for. I am a young minded straight male in my mid 40s. (I say straight because someone always asks) I travel alone. Like to get an hotel/apartment in an area with bars and restaurants to walk to at night and not far away. Irish Pubs, beer houses, Nicer bars are OK. Not much of a dancer so not really looking for dance clubs. (although there was Berlin !!! ) Where is that in Tallinn?

If you have a particular hotel/apartment suggestion in an area like this, that would also be great. I usually stay in a 2 to 3 star. As long as clean, safe and can make reservations online, I don't need much more than that. A little old is OK by me. I can eat breakfast elsewhere or at the hotel, don't really care. For restaurants, I will always find something to eat but a decent meal a day is good. Just not $120 for one person.

I have had the best of luck over the last 10 years using this site so I am sure you will not disapoint. (and I have a guidebook already so that suggestion is not needed !) Thanks in advance
Oct 13th, 2009, 08:46 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Heide G9. Clean and cheap. There is a good restaurant next door. I had lamb shish-ka-bob with wine two nights, ~$15 each. In Old Town I recommend the Hansa restaurant. The Stockmann department store has a good exchange rate and an excellent breakfast/lunch buffet with salmon and herring, priced by the gram and a bargain.

I see you asking about Stockholm and Helsinki on other threads. Are you taking the overnight ferry? The Silja Line has an excellent buffet. I recommend the second seating to avoid many kids running about. It was €30 a few years ago for all the food and wine/beer you can consume in two hours. It is truly a magnificent feast. The aft bar with a back door patio is a good place to let it all settle. The bartender is a bit testy but warms up with a few good words.

Search this Thread