My favorite way to spend a summer is visiting various small towns and historic cities in Italy and France. Usually, I get started planning much sooner than this, but this year we have been remodeling our kitchen and a couple of other rooms. In fact, we're still in the process. Unfortunately, we've also been dealing with some health issues for DH which hopefully will have a good outcome. So this has me feeling like we should seize the day and enjoy every moment, while DH is more of the opinion that we've already spent more than enough this year. But all the money in the world can't buy health, so I'd really like to travel while we can.
That said, does anyone have any ideas for planning a somewhat last-minute trip for about 2-3 weeks this July? Last year we took our two teenage boys to Italy and they loved it. If you know of another family destination that would still offer warm weather, great food and beautiful art, with nice but not extravagant places to stay, we'd love suggestions.
(I originally posted this in the Lounge, and others suggested that I post here instead. I apologize for the double post.) Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/natural-life-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 Driving
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 17 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 21 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris