Are there lockers in LHR?

Mar 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Original Poster

Are there lockers in LHR?

I am visiting London next week.

I am arriving in LHR (London Heathrow airport) at 7:30 on Saturday morning and my partner is arriving in LHR at 21:00. Since that I am thinking of visiting Windsor Castle next Saturday during the day time and go back to LHR to meet my partner in the evening and then go to check in the hotel in London together.

But the problem is I have a big laggage, and it will be difficult for me to carry all of it to go sightseening in Windsor castle. Does anyone know if there are lockers in LHR I can lock my laggage into it for a day? Thank you so much for your help!
Mar 25th, 2009, 01:13 AM

We used a luggage place at LHR and took the bus to Windsor ( which was outside teh door). It was priced "per piece", so we were able to consolidate a small carryon into our larger bag.
Mar 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM

No lockers - because of security concerns, but there are left luggage offices (manned counters) in each terminal where luggage can be left. Every piece of luggage will be X-rayed.
They are run by Excess Baggage Company, and cost £8 per piece for 24 hours.
Mar 25th, 2009, 06:09 AM
yk

If you go to the BAA Heathrow website, you can find the information of Left Luggage services there - it lists the locations of all the offcies at Heathrow and the cost.
Mar 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM

"Left Luggage" is the term used for baggage storage and as the others say they are staffed storage facilities - not lockers - where you pay per piece. So if you also have a carry on, try to squeeze it inside your large suitcase to save some £

(Suggestion: e-mail katie at [email protected] and ask her to remove the "Trip Report tag" from your thread. This isn't a trip report, but a simple question about your upcoming trip)