Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Are French women still sexy? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/are-french-women-still-sexy-668043/)

robjame Jan 7th, 2007 11:15 AM

Are French women still sexy?

Is there a certain <<je ne sais quoi>> about a French women that is sometimes lacking in North American women - a come hither, alluring aura that is most appealing? It is not overt flirtation but a more subtle appeal. Certainly many do not dress as risque as they do at home. (Come on men - help balance the flirty Italian men thread)

cigalechanta Jan 7th, 2007 11:18 AM

As a woman, I say yes!

Zeus Jan 7th, 2007 11:33 AM

I find the hairy legs and armpits a serious turn-on.

suze Jan 7th, 2007 11:36 AM

I don't think it is 'come hither' rather the opposite, an aloofness that is so appealing.

annesherrod Jan 7th, 2007 11:36 AM

As an American with Scandanavian roots I would say you can find sexiness in every nationality!!!

We have great freinds from France and I would have to say those women are no more sexy than any one else. We have visisted France several times and I say the Spanish have more allure!!!

Toupary Jan 7th, 2007 11:39 AM

"I find the hairy legs and armpits a serious turn-on."

And they find your room-temperature IQ irresistible.

robjame Jan 7th, 2007 11:41 AM

Zeus - the fifties called and they want their stereotype back. LOL. I think you have been spending too much time on those EF tours in those Bavarian towns.

Scarlett Jan 7th, 2007 11:44 AM

lol, robjame :)

I think a lot of older French women are sexier than older women from other countries. I do think they are more secure in their age in France, while women from some other countries try too hard to look young, with often disastrous results <i>( too much collagen in lips makes you look like a duck! every time! listen to me!!)</i>

LucieV Jan 7th, 2007 11:47 AM

Some American men find French women to be a bit &quot;je ne sais froid&quot;! They obviously haven't encountered Isabelle Huppert or Juliette Binoche.
;)

suze Jan 7th, 2007 11:54 AM

Scarlett, One of the most attractive older woman I have ever seen was in Paris, she was talking (patient with his slow French) to a young male tourist in Luxembourg Gardens... she was 80 if she was a day and she was amazing. Hard not to stare because she was so incredibly interesting, had that glow/aura thing going on all over the place.

robjame Jan 7th, 2007 11:59 AM

Suze - yes you are right. Maybe the come hither is just what I do when I see one...
anne - I agree about sexyness in every nationality, but when those French women start to talk.... I love the Parisian French accent
Scarlett - so true - As a Canadian I think many of the attributes are shared by Quebecois women
LucieV - or Valerie Allain (Remember the French In Action series?)

Scarlett Jan 7th, 2007 12:01 PM

:) Charming, suze!
We can only hope that we ( really speaking for myself) age as well .. ((F))

Scarlett Jan 7th, 2007 12:05 PM

No robjame, I don't remember French in Action but I do remember Allo Allo LOL

cigalechanta Jan 7th, 2007 12:09 PM

I read she died, I think last year?

robjame Jan 7th, 2007 12:18 PM

There was a rumor that Valerie Allain had died in a motorcycle accident (I think the rumor was started by French teachers after she starred in Aria). However she is currently working as a comedienne with a French art group called Les Frigos. (and keeping her clothes on. LOL)

suze Jan 7th, 2007 12:19 PM

Oh Scarlett, please feel free to speak for me too! I do remember thinking at the moment, if only I may be so absolutely wonderful when I am that old.

m_kingdom2 Jan 7th, 2007 12:29 PM

What a stupid question!

Some are, some aren't. Isn't that obvious?

And naturally your average Parisian femme is going to be far more alluring than Betty from Arkansaw with her plastic suit, tucked in white crew neck t-shirt, white trainers, and big black fanny pack to separate each half of her body, leaving the observer to wonder whether the top half is a size 20 or the bottom half's a 22.

suze Jan 7th, 2007 12:31 PM

thank goodness you're back, we've missed you so (for m_kingdom) -suze

cigalechanta Jan 7th, 2007 12:45 PM

And not to mention banding :)

robjame Jan 7th, 2007 12:45 PM

Not to worry Suze - m_kingdom is the guy so erudite that he doesn't even know it is spelled Arkansas - first rule in boxing or throwing insults is not to lead with your chin. LOL.