Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Arche shoes? Are they half the US. cost ? Where to buy them?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:14 PM
diane

Having trouble finding the right pair of shoes for my trip in two weeks. I have high arches and have been trying on all sorts of brands recommended on this forum. The Arche shoes at $225 are a bit steep but one pair does seem very comfy. I've heard I can buy <BR>them in Europe at half the cost ast they are made in France. Is this really true? I am thinking about buying them in Munich on my first day of the trip. Or in Verona on day two. Any suggestions? I know it seems crazy, but these seem like shoes you don't have to break in.

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:27 PM
Julie

Hi Diane, I just bought my first pair of Arche shoes here in Palm Desert recently. I just love them--and you are right you don't have to break them in. This is one of the most confortable shoes I have purchased. But, they are spendy. I hope that someone knows where to by them in Europe for half the cost.

Old May 31st, 2000, 08:36 AM
Myriam

I have recently bought a pair of (summer) Arches in Antwerp at 4.400 BF which is the equivalent of 100 US$ at today's exchange rate. My sister, who lives in Germany, told me that the same shoes are about 50 US$ more expensive in Germany (she lives near Aachen). <BR>

Old May 31st, 2000, 09:07 AM
Myriam

Have done a quick search and found the address of Arche's sales agents on http://www.arche-shoes.fr/aagents.html. <BR>

Old May 31st, 2000, 05:53 PM
Susan

If you are planning on buying your shoes on the first day of your trip, I highly recommend that you bring along a very comfortable pair of already broken in shoes to switch off with. I plan to buy Mephistos in France but will definitely take along old ones! Why risk misery?! Hope your trip is great!

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 06:08 AM
Julie

Diane, <BR> <BR>Please let me know if you have any luck in buying Arche shoes in Italy. I am going back again in Oct. Thanks