arab london?

Sep 30th, 2001, 07:52 AM
siri

arab london?

there's supposed to be a large community of arabs in london,where can i find information about this? please help me!

Sep 30th, 2001, 08:15 AM
amy

the arab community is based in the edgeware road area. it is near to hyde park, but close to the edgeware road tube stop. there are lots of arab, iranian and persian restaurants and stores.

Sep 30th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Moustache

I don't know if this will help you or not. It may not be specific to Arabs or any particular nationality. I really don't know that much about it, so please forgive me if I'm stepping on any toes here, I certainly don't mean to. I'm only offering the little I know about the cultural presence in London from that area of the world.
If you are going to be in London, every Sunday evening in the south-east area of Hyde Park is the Rally for Allah, a huge gathering. I accidently ended up in the middle of it once trying to short cut across Hyde Park.
An actual Londoner can probably help you a lot more. I sincerely hope you can get some helpful information here.

Sep 30th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Ben Haines

I agree with Amy that the strong area for Arabs runs from Edgeware Road station along the north of the park to Bayswater station.

If you'd like to hear Arab academics and scholars talk in English about their history and culture, please look at
http://www.soas.ac.uk/Information/home.html/, which lists free public lectures in this field.

Please write if I can help further. Marhaban fi London.

Ben Haines

Search this Thread