April in Paris and Burgundy - Weather

Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:40 PM
Nancy

April in Paris and Burgundy - Weather

We will be traveling to Burgundy and Paris the last two weeks of April. I have not been able to find much about the weather at that time. Polar fleece or tee shirts?

Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:14 PM
Sue

The weather is variable there, just as it is most places in the temperate zone. The trick is to take layering pieces, such as t-necks that can be worn over tees. Early morning, late at nite, you might want a polar fleece (not ski jacket weight) pull-on. I would take a silk underwear top; they take up no room in suitcase and are great insulators if it does get cold. Last winter I was able to eat lunch outdoors at ski resort at in Fr.Alps with cotton turtleneck; some young women were wearing tank tops; you just never know exactly what the weather is going to be like. Today it's so easy to check weather on internet, that you can get some sense of what's going on before you leave home. Sorry not to be more definitive!

Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:46 PM
Fred

This is for Paris. First, forget that song "April in Paris." It can be very cold, nasty and rainy in April. As a matter of fact, you can say that about Paris most of year. In April, as always, it's changeable and unpredictable. Could be mild, cold, very cold, nasty, windy, rainy. So bring layers to put on or take off and umbrellasÉalways umbrellas.For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:09 PM
Sandy

Was there a few years ago in mid-April. I used a long denim coat as my overcoat, and had other items to layer underneath - wool and silk, etc. I wouldn't count on tee shirts without a jacket! And yes, you need an umbrella!

Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:30 PM
David

My wife and I went to Paris the last two weeks in Paris almost three years ago for our honeymoon. The weather was absolutely perfect. While the temp. was in the 60's while we were there, I wouldn't expect it to ever get below the 40's at any time in late April. I recommend wearing a black leather jacket (which many people wear in Paris) or something similiar to a medium weight jacket of some kind that shields you from the wind. The "layered clothing" thing is also a good idea.