Reload this Page >

April Honeymoon in Amalfi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Honey_Mooner

Hi all,<BR><BR>I'm planning a honeymoon in the Amalfi region in early April of next year. <BR><BR>1) What will the weather be like in early April?<BR>2) Any hotels I absolutely must check out?<BR><BR>Many thanks for your guidance!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Henly Gold

Depending what your budget permits... the Sirenuse in Positano is incredible for a honeytmoon. It will cost a lot though!!!<BR><BR>Weather should be nice, but not warm enough to go in sea. I was there in mid-April one year and it was in the mid-60's and sunny during day.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Honey_Mooner

Wow -- That hotel looks amazing.<BR><BR>Also, which parts of Amalfi region would be most wonderful for a honeymoon? <BR><BR>Thank you!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
az

H_M: If you like touristy, crowded places, w. lots of "action", then stay in<BR> Positano. But if you want quiet quarters w. spectacular views and lots of privacy, the Hotel Tritone<BR> near Praiano is the place to stay. EVERY room has a view<BR> to the west all the way to the Faraglioni (the 3 "rocks" for which Capri is<BR> famous), and on a clear day you can actually see the arch in the middle one<BR> from your room balcony. To the east is a magnificent vista of the village of<BR> Praiano, w. its twin-steepled church in the center of your view and the ancient<BR> church on the horizon about half way up the mountain. Straight down about<BR> 1000 feet is the sea. <BR> The beach facilites are superb (although the beach itself is rocky, like all of <BR> them along the Amalfi Coast), and you walk through a long tunnel carved out of <BR> the rock to get there after a long elevator ride. There is a bar and a second<BR> swimming pool down at the beach as well. <BR> The breakfasts (which are included in the room rate) are sumptuous, including<BR> different pastries/cookies of the region every morning (including almond cookies<BR> and cannola), and you can get delicious omelets w. ham/cheese and apricot<BR> juice along w. the standard breakfast fare most hotels provide. They are served<BR> on an outdoor terrace w. to-die-for views. <BR> The hotel is literally carved into the side of the cliff below the road, so it is very<BR> quiet and very private, if that is what you want. You may even hear the "cock of<BR> Praiano" crowing in the sunrise if you leave the doors to your balcony open, and<BR> you can easily hear the church bells toll the quarter hours. It is the loveliest<BR> place I have ever stayed in decades of travel. <BR> The downside, if there is one, is that you really need a car to see the other<BR> sites along the Coast and inland if you stay there. The hotel does have<BR> adequate parking, however. <BR> The service is superb. <BR>For pix, visit:<BR>http://www.italyby.com/tritone/<BR><BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Jennifer

My fiance and I are planning our early April honeymoon for the Amalfi region! Thanks for all the great info!!