Reload this Page >

April air fares and hotels in Seville/Granada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Patrick

We are planning to visit Seville and Granada April 13-21- seville until the 16th and Granada from the 17th until the 21st. We have been waiting for spring air fares to drop but are getting nervous about hotel availability in Seville because of the festival that starts on April 16th. <BR>Should we pay the $1,000 airfare from Boston or hold out?

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Leslie

You're slightly more than 60 days out from your trip. I really doubt that the airfares are going to drop, especially since your trip is just approaching the beginning of high season. Have you looked into flying into London or Frankfurt (both cities have reasonably cheap flights from Boston), and then flying one of the inter-European carriers to Madrid? Or flying from Boston to Lisbon and then to Madrid?<BR><BR>Is that price for 1 or 2 tickets? If it's for 2 tickets -- book it.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Patrick

Thanks Leslie. The price was for one ticket although I think that maybe $900 would do it. I called an agent today to see what see what she could do. I was under the impression that travel to Europe was down considerably and fares might drop but I guess not.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Jamie

Patrik,<BR><BR>I think your price is kinda high. Actually, the price did drop since last Monday. I bought my tickets thru an agent before that, and now I am sad to se that I could have saved $200 on a pair.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Rachel

Why not make the hotel reservations now and cancel or change them if, for some reason, the airfares don't work out. In Seville, I have heard great things about Las Casas de la Juderia (we are going there in 2 weeks -- I will let you know if it lives up to the tales we've been told). In Granada, we are planning to stay at the Alhambra Palace Hotel.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Charliedc

Patrick;<BR><BR>Try bestfares.com<BR>They are offering a special from DC, Newark, NY, or BOSTON to Madrid for the time period of your trip for $379<BR>Plus Taxes, feul surcharge and an extra $20 if you're not flyimg Monday/Thrusday<BR>I'ts legit. We are flying from D.C. to Madrid in late April for less than $450<BR>each including all taxes and extra charges.<BR>Hope it works for you, maybe two can fly for what you thought it would cost one.<BR>Anyway have a great trip.<BR><BR>

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Patrick

Thanks for all the advice everyone- I checked bestfares but they black out the dates that we need- April 12-21- a vacation week in Massachusetts or maybe because of festivals in Spain. I'll keep looking.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 11:08 AM
patg

Keep looking up until 6 weeks before you leave. Try BA or KLM to Madrid. Chicago to Madrid via AMS is under $600 in April. Flights within Spain are always high because of lack of competition - take the train or bus between cities. You won't want to bother with a car in either Sevilla or Granada.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Leslie

Patrick, if you can go to Spain in March, I found airfare from Boston to Madrid on SwissAir for $299 RT plus taxes.