Thank you for viewing this post.
I am from Hong Kong, visited several Asian countries but never been to Europe before.
I am planning a trip to Europe during 2017 Easter, as a birthday gift at age 30.
My current plan (a very vague one) is:
Date: April 8 - 16, 2017.
Destination: Just one country, Germany OR Netherlands OR Belgium OR Finland OR Sweden OR Switzerland
Theme: Enjoy local life, food, scenery. (NO SHOPPING!)
I have no interest in enjoying 4/5-star restaurant/hotel, just want to live in a local lifestyle. However, I am a photo enthusiast and hope to have many good photos.
My current problem is:
1. If I visit a big country, then it may take hours to move among cities. I want to avoid the waste of time.
2. I am not afraid of cold weather, but I don’t like cloudy day.
3. A destination with a mixture of cityscape and nature would be great.
Would you please share your opinion on which country to choose? I also plan for a parachute jump but this is easy once my destination is decided.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 1st time to Europe
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 22 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Getting around Lisbon
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT