Apartment rentals?

Jul 10th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Apartment rentals?

Has anyone had good experience with apartment rentals in Italy, perhaps Florence? My husband and I are toying with the idea of taking our 12 and 18 year old on a trip with us, perhaps next winter or spring, and given the four personalities, we are thinking that staying in a city would be the best bet? I have visited sites advertising rentals, but I'm looking for some positive experiences or at least some direction before we dive in. Thank you.
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:43 AM
rex

See slowtrav.com - -

... and then, http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34832802

Best wishes,

Rex
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:44 AM

I've used the following and been happy with all.

Florence - San Lorenzo Apartments
www.sleepinginflorence.com

Venice - Venice Rentals
www.venicerentals.com

Rome - Sleep in Italy
www.sleepinitaly.com

You can also check www.slowtrav.com for specific company and apartment reviews. I find that renting an apartment allows us to live more like locals, not to mention the extra space and money saved.
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:57 AM

We stayed at VRBO 21717 in Rome - just off the Campo dei Fiori in Rome. Nice apartment for the price and great location.

We stayed at the Florence Ciompi apartments in Florence. Check the reviews on Trip Advisor. I gave it a great review - others have not had such good experiences. (The apartments are clean and beautiful. I think the problem is that when something goes wrong or breaks down, there is not a quick fix or solution.)

We loved the Residence Corte Grimani in Venice. Check Trip Advisor - excellent reviews. It is like a lovely Venician Embassy Suites.
Jul 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Preciousbane; my wife and I just returned from Italy this past weekend. We had our 16 and 14 year old daughters with us. If going to Venice...the Corte Grimani...is an excellent choice. Two separate rooms and nice sized bathroom in a great location...quiet but central. In Rome we rented an apartment from Sleeping In Italy which worked well.
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM

WE've only rented an apartment once- in Rome at easter this year, but would definitely do it again. For things to entertain all of you, you couldn't go wrong with Rome. We were there for a week and would go back like a shot.
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM

We rented an apartment this past May in
Florence. We rented through
www.classicvacationrental.com. We were
very pleased with the apartment and it was in a great location. It was nice having the extra room and a kitchen for
breakfast and sometimes lunch.
Sondi
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM

Hi...

I don't have an experience yet...but our family of 6 is renting an apartment in Florence in November. The Florence Ciompi Apartments...Michelangelo. This sleeps 8 but the building has smaller apartments. I booked it through Initlay.com. The price is good and Jessica at Initaly.com has been very helpful. You can rent for as few as three days. I have read good reviews about the apartment and the area.

Good luck!
May 14th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Hello. We (a group of 6) just came back from Rome and just want to share our great experience with the place below. Very clean and spacious as well as a host that speaks English. Highly recommend. Good luck!

http://www.b-b.rm.it/accommodations/desc.php?id=387