Apartment on Avenue de la Bourdannais?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Family of three, including a four-year old boy. What is Avenue de la Bourdonnais like? After being fickle for many days, we are strongly considering this apartment for a 10-day, first time visit to http://www.rentalfrance.com/index.ph...n=bourdonnais5
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:01 AM

Hi, we stayed last month at a Paris Perfect apt on Ave de la B. Number 67. The street is wide with mostly apartment blocks on either side. Under the apartments are some shops and restaurants. During the day there is quite a bit going on, cars, buses etc but at night we were pleasantly surprised how quiet it was, apart from the occassional loud car/motorbike driven by a rev head. Depending which end you stay at (we were pretty much in the middle) there are metro or RER stops at either end. There are heaps of restaurants all around and rue Cler is only a 5 mins walk away. A very residential area, close to the Champs de Mars and the E. tower. All in all a good spot I think. Go for it.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:12 AM

I see that you posted this question under another heading. Here's my response repeated:

Author: Flyboy
Date: 10/24/2005, 04:07 am
It looks like a nice place and I think you would enjoy the neighborhood. To "walk around" (photographically speaking), go to:

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/

On the right hand side of the home page, enter Paris in the "votre ville" area and then enter the address in the pop-up. (You'll easily see how it works. I didn't see the exact street address in the info, so I just chose a two-digit number to begin.)

Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:22 AM

I have just been editing my photos, I took quite a few of Ave de la B. If you would like me to email some to you, (taken from our balcony) then I am happy to do so. Post your email address if you wish and I can send them to you.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:27 AM

me again, just looked at your web page and realised it is the same apartment block!!! So if you want the "same view" photos then let me know your email.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for offer to send pictures. We are also looking at 67 Ave del a B, building B. My email address is [email protected]
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 11:29 AM
MaureenB

If I haven't already replied to your other post, I, too, think the Ave. de la Bourdonnais would be a great place for a ten-day visit. My family of four stayed in a hotel there last June, for our first visit to Paris, for four nights. It is in a relatively quiet (really not much street noise, even during the day) and relatively upscale, residential/retail community. If you want a place that's not right smack in the middle of tourist-central, this is a good one. There's a market there for staples, and close to the Rue Cler for fresh fruit, etc. It has easy access to public transit, is a block over from the Champs de Mars park, which makes a great place you could easily walk to and let your four year old run and play. The Eiffel Tower is very close, and many apartments would have a view of it. Enjoy Paris!