Notices

apartment in sorrento

Mar 15th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Original Poster

apartment in sorrento

An apartment in Sorrento was advised for Easter with Tripadviser so my friend decided to take it but was unable to book it through Tripadviser for some reason so went direct to the apartment owners paid a deposit of 200euro"s did receive a receipt but then had to email them with type of payment which she tried to do but was unable what do you think? im a little concerned as i don't want to arrive with no accommodation as it is for 4 adult women
Mar 15th, 2015, 04:02 AM

I'm not sure what you are saying here. When she tried to email them, why was she unable to do so? How did she get the receipt?

If they have the deposit, why do they need "type of payment"? If they mean for the balance of the rental, this is usually payable on arrival or even just in advance, but I always prefer to pay on arrival so that I can check that what I was supposed to get is what I am getting and at the very worse, I'm only losing a deposit.

I do have to say that though that I have never had a problem in these circumstances.
Mar 15th, 2015, 04:11 AM

Rubicund, i suspect that what the OP is saying that having paid the deposit, they were asked in an e-mail to specify how they would pay the remainder but it came back undelivered.

The answer is surely to try again [checking the address carefully] and then if that's no good, to try phoning.

She could also look on the Sorrento Tourist Board website to see if it's listed there.

http://www.sorrentotourism.com/en/su...-or-villas.php

if the worst comes to the worst and they need to rebook, the tourist board website would be a good place to start.

Search this Thread