Apartment in Rome. Where??

Apr 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Apartment in Rome. Where??

Planning a trip to Rome in 2008 (date to be decided) and I am at a loss as to what area(s) to look for an apartment.

We are 5 women, all 1st timers to Rome, and we would like to stay in an area close to the main attractions.

Can someone recommend an area to start to investigate.

TIA
Lydia
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM

We enjoyed staying in the area of Piazza Navona.
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
jgarvey

I really enjoyed living in Trastevere apartment for a month. See my Trip Report (still not complete,sorry) all about why I loved living in Trastevere. Reminded me a lot of French Quarter in New Orleans.

Apr 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Hi lydia,

Check this out:

http://www.flatinrome.com/result.asp?inc=14

I stayed here with two friends in Nov. 2004 and really enjoyed the area and the apartment. It was just around the corner from the Trevi Fountain which we heard every night. Very soothing! It's also a short walk to the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, the Corso and a slightly longer walk to Piazza Navona. We were really in the middle of everything and still felt very safe. Every morning, one of my friends would rise early and buy us fresh bread and cheese from "Il Forno" just across from us. After a while, we felt like regulars!

The apartment is in a 500 year old building and was chock full of old-world ambience. The only downside? Our washing machine broke down.

They do have other apartments listed there too; perhaps you need one of the larger ones. Another web site to check is sleepinitaly.com and slowtrav.com for listings and reviews. Good luck!

Ciao!

Rebecka
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM

I would definitely recommend the area of Piazza Navona/Pantheon/Campo dei Fiori. Close to many things, good bus connections, dozens of great restaurants.
May 14th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Hello. We (a group of 6) just came back from Rome and would highly recommend either this apartment or this agency. Very easy to deal with as well as very reasonable prices. I cannot stop raving about this place - better than the pictures with a host that speaks English.

http://www.b-b.rm.it/accommodations/desc.php?id=387