Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Apartment in Paris - 150 Rue Saint Honore (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/apartment-in-paris-150-rue-saint-honore-136076/)

denmal Jan 1st, 2008 06:15 AM

Apartment in Paris - 150 Rue Saint Honore

We are planning to rent an apartment in Paris from Vacations in Paris, the apartment is at 150 Rue Saint Honore. Has anyone stayed in this apartment or had dealings with this company. I want to ensure I am getting what is presented on the web site

NeoPatrick Jan 1st, 2008 07:52 AM

denmal, it would be helpful if you posted an actual link to the apartment. I entered www.parisfromvacations.com and got nowhere, so I can't even begin to find this apartment without spending considerable time looking. Of course, that probably means I wouldn't know it, but on the other hand many apartments are listed with several agencies, so perhaps if someone did a quick click at a link they'd recognize it.

Not complaining here, just offering some helpful advice for quicker or better answers.

JoyC Jan 1st, 2008 08:47 AM

Neo: Perhaps the website is www.vacationinparis.com and I found a couple of apartments at Saint Honore.
a. http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_125.htm

b. http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_146.htm

janisj Jan 1st, 2008 08:51 AM

yes - please provide the link.

NP - " . . . rent an apartment in Paris, from Vacations in Paris . . ."

NeoPatrick Jan 1st, 2008 09:33 AM

Sorry, I typed that wrong in my response. What I originally entered was "www.vacationsinparis.com" following what I thought the post said. I now see there is a similar site -- but no "s" on vacation.

Christina Jan 1st, 2008 10:40 AM

That's Vacation in Paris ID 125. It's been discussed on here before, in fact L4C is intending to stay there this month according to the last discussion about it on here.

Lots of people have posted about renting from them on here, just do a search on vacation in paris in quotes or their correct URL or something. Don't just stick those words in the search box without quotes as they are too generic. JimF also stayed there last summer and you'll find that post if you search correctly by the name in quotes.

JimF Jan 11th, 2008 07:15 PM

Denmal, if you are still seeking input on 150 Rue St. Honore', I'd be glad to assist. We did, indeed, rent it last summer.

JimF

PWAbbott Jan 24th, 2008 12:15 PM

JIMF, can you please share your impressions of this apartment?

JimF Jan 24th, 2008 07:39 PM

It's on second floor, overlooking fairly busy portion of rue St. Honore, but noise is not a problem at night. There is an air conditioning unit in the front, but it is not all that effective for the bedroom, which is in the back, off a small inner courtyard. We left the windows open at night, and in early June, it was still cool enough.

Nice apartment, with good furnishings. An excellent foldaway sofa bed that our granddaughter found very comfortable. Extremely easy to put out, and take down. There is a loft bed, about six feet up, reachable by ladder, but we did not need it. The bedroom is very comfortable.

A computer is provided, with internet connection for checking emails. Bath is very modern, although a towel warmer advertised is not there (and the tenant before us noted it.)

Location is about two blocks from Louvre, about equidistance between two Metro stops, and in the midst of several fairly good restaurants, drug store, and two groceries within two blocks.

The VacationInParis rep. formerly lived in the U.S., speaks perfect English and French, and is excellent. She was there when we arrived, and ensured all was well, giving us a cell number to call if we needed her. We did not.

I recommend it. We'd book it again if it were just two or three of us, but we are going for a larger apartment with another couple in March, about six blocks from this one.

Jim

marcy_ Jan 24th, 2008 08:20 PM

Here's the link:
http://vacationinparis.com/apts/id_125.htm

marcy_ Jan 24th, 2008 08:22 PM

Sorry,
I just noticed that JoyC had already posted the link above. :">

amelie Jan 25th, 2008 04:55 AM

This apartment sounds nice.

Felschurch Jan 25th, 2008 05:26 AM

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...urch&fid=2

JimF Jan 25th, 2008 08:29 AM

Felschurch, thanks for link to related thread. I had not seen it.

Noted the commented about restaurant/bar below apartment. We had been a bit concerned about noise level before we arrived because someone mentioned its popularity with French rugby players. (Granddaughter was THRILLED will prospect!)

If they were there, they were not making too much noise. It was a non-issue.

Another of my concerns in advance was access to groceries, since we arrived on a Sunday morning. Of the two groceries nearby, one is open all day Sunday, so that, too, was not a problem.

Jim

denmal Jan 27th, 2008 11:31 AM

Jim F - Thank you for all the information - Sounds like it will be perfect for my husband and I. We will be spending two weeks - and will be shopping - Thank you for the information on that aspect too

Cathinjoetown Mar 24th, 2008 04:25 PM

Further query re:

www.vacationinparis.com

I have booked a flat from them (first time user) on Rue St. Andre des arts for September. My dealings thus far have been good.

Has anyone stayed in flat #122 (their ID)? I would appreciate feedback.

Thanks.

JimF Mar 24th, 2008 05:54 PM

Cathinjoetown, I do not know the apartment, but it looks super. You can't beat the price, and it has an excellent location. St. Michael Metro is a central interchange point, and there are tons of restaurants and shops in this area.

As for Vacation In Paris, I have used them twice and like them very much. While we were in Paris, they were very responsive to our needs, and when we mailed back the apartment keys after the last trip they returned my damage deposit promptly.

I'd say you have a good arrangement. It would be nice to have air conditioning, but in September you likely will not need it.

Jim

apersuader65 Mar 24th, 2008 07:26 PM

cathinjoetown:

Which "joetown" are you from? Happen to be from a joetown myself, and your name made me wonder.

Cathinjoetown Mar 24th, 2008 07:37 PM

I live in St. Joseph, Missouri. Probably enough said!

Also, JimF, thanks for the positive message about Vacation in Paris. Love Paris, have been many times, but this is only second time renting a flat.

teach905 Jun 3rd, 2008 01:17 PM

Cathinjoetown,

we stayed at that apartment in April. It was great. There was a problem with water leaking from the shower down to the kitchen, but that was to be fixed after we left. We just put a towel down on the floor and it was no big deal. The issue did not affect our trip. I was actually happier they did not fix it while we were there. It would have cramped our style. Yes we would rent there again. The neighborhood is great.