Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Apartment in Campo de Fiore from Rental in Rome

Aug 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

We have rented what, in the pictures, looks like a lovely two bedroom apt. named "Palazzo Beradi". It is a done deal, but I have been reading some rather negative things about the Campo de Fiore area...lots of all night partying, etc.
Can someone reassure me that Via del Gesu is an ok place to be? 16 thru 22 Oct.
My child bride and I ran out of all night party energy several decades ago. What I really want is an honest evaluation....thanks for your time,
Dupher
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM

I stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo (check a map to compare location to yours). It was very near Campo di Fiora and was quite and a very nice area - not full of partiers. This was just this past end of May.
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM
J62

Via del Gesu isn't really anywhere close to Campo dei Fiori, at least not noise wise so you should be fine. Definitely more than "a few steps from Campo dè Fiori" - more like a 10min walk.

The campo itself, as well as the pedestrian only streets in the immediate vicinity can have a lot of foot traffic and gathering crowds at night, people talking (sometimes loudly), etc. The same holds true for Piazza Navona and Pantheon - really just in the areas immediately on those squares.

Looking a a map, Via el Gesu looks like a very short street. That's good, as it's therefore not a pedestrian thoroughfare to or from anywhere.

Aug 20th, 2007, 05:48 PM

As J62 noted, Via del Gesu isn' really that close to Campo de' Fiore. I stayed much closer and only had noise late at night once. You shouldn't have any problem.
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

I asked for reassurance and the remarkable posters from Fodorland come through again....thank you for taking the time to do so....
Dupher
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:01 PM

dupher, I'm just glad that you're not disappointed that it's not just a few steps from the Campo! Just something to keep in mind: Always have a map handy so you can see whether a description of location is really accurate. I find they often are not.