apartment/house search southern italy

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 07:21 AM
greg

apartment/house search southern italy

I'm looking to rent an apartment or a house on the Amalfi Coast or in Sicily for 2 weeks in October, 2000. Any suggestions for specific homes or agents?

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 07:45 AM
irma

There are 2 great websites, Specialtycruise.com and theparkercompany.com, which have apartment, house and villa listings from the sublime to the ridiculous. I'm going to Umbria and Amalfi in September and got villas this way. I am also going to Sicily, but staying in a hotel. Enjoy.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 09:16 AM
lina

For the Aeolian Islands off Sicily, try www.netnet.it/dovedormire.html

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 04:21 PM
michele

Greg,
In today's LA TIMES there was an article on a working farmhouse in Sicily. ( FOOD section). The family rents rooms and perhaps it would work out for you. It's worth a try:

Nino Gianfisco
011-39-0921-688-128
email him at: [email protected]

The meals sounded delicious.

Michele

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 07:02 AM
elizabeth

We rented a Villa outside of Sorrento called "Villa Amore". It sleeps 4 (one bedroom with queen sized bed and full bathroom; one bedroom with twin beds and a full bathroom - there's also a very small bedroom with a twin bed that would be suitable for a child). It's a lovely house with a stunning view of the Med; large outdoor patio and huge terrace off the twin bedded room. In February/99 we paid $600USD per week. The location is great - near Sorrento/Positano, etc. We did a day trip to Pompeii and Capri. I rented it from www.britaliaplus.com but can't find it on their web site. Here's another rental agent that lists it but I'm not sure about the price.

http://www.cottagestocastles.com/vil...tm?villaID=104