Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Apartment, Hotel or B&B rentals for Nice and Florence (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/apartment-hotel-or-b-and-b-rentals-for-nice-and-florence-378526/)

jdc26 Jun 13th, 2008 02:30 PM

Apartment, Hotel or B&B rentals for Nice and Florence

Hi all,

I will be spending a few days in Nice arriving from IAD on September 25th thru 29th. Take the train from Nice to Bologna for one night and then leave for Florence on October 1st thru the 13th. In need of information on any moderately priced apartments, hotels or B&Bs for a solo traveler in each of these cities.

Thanks to all.

Jean Jun 13th, 2008 02:53 PM

What rate is "moderate" to you?

jdc26 Jun 13th, 2008 03:18 PM

Thanks Jean,

About 120 euros or less tops 150 euros.

timsmom Jun 13th, 2008 03:48 PM

I loved the Hotel Grimaldi in Nice, centrally located to the train station and the beach.

jdc26 Jun 13th, 2008 03:58 PM

Thank you. What were the rates like and when did you stay there?

jdc26 Jun 14th, 2008 08:35 AM

Since posting this thread, I went to www.italyperfect and found an apartment/studio that's available on my dates in Florence and will suit my needs. It's the Michaela located on Via della Spada. Has anyone on this site stayed there and how was the service working with ItalyPerfect?

I'm still looking for places to stay in Nice and Bologna. Nice is my biggest concern as I think since I'm going to be in Bologna for only one night I may be able to find something for just that nice.

Thanks again for your help.

Jean Jun 14th, 2008 08:43 AM

I looked at the website for the Michaela apartment in Florence. I think you won't find a better rate, and the location is good if rather busy (and noisy?). My concern would be that sofa bed. It just doesn't look comfortable in the pictures.

jdc26 Jun 14th, 2008 08:49 AM

Jean, that was/is my concern about the bed and with me having to sleep in it for two weeks, yet with the price I can't go wrong, particularly since it fits right in my budget. I've checked with a few other properties in Florence and they are all booked during my travel dates.

jdc26 Jun 14th, 2008 08:51 AM

Timsmon - I checked with the Hotel Grimaldi in Nice and they only have availability for partial of the dates I'm there and I would much rather stay in one place.

Anyone with other recommendations of hotels, B&Bs or apartments in Nice?

jdc26 Jun 14th, 2008 10:09 AM

Has anyone stayed at this hotel in Nice?

Hotel Little Palace - Nice
9, avenue Baquis - 06000 Nice

Priced at 80 euros/night ($122) from Sept. 25-29

Would appreciate your thoughts.

littlehouse Aug 31st, 2008 06:42 AM

bookmarking

Micheline Aug 31st, 2008 07:17 AM

Hi jdc26 - I haven't stayed at the little Palace in Nice but it has very good reviews on Trip Advisor. We are booked at Le Flore in Nice for September but Little Palace has just as good reviews and the price is a little better. We are paying 100 euros through Venere.com.

KayF Aug 31st, 2008 08:18 AM

We had a week in Nice last Christmas and booked a lovely apartment through www.nicepebbles.com

They were easy and professional to deal with and the apartment was even better than we had hoped. I found their website initially on www.slowtrav.com and I did a review of the Nice apartment on that site too. You can so a search for it.

They have a good selection of places, they don't own them all, just act as agents.

Kay

cafegoddess Mar 20th, 2010 03:55 PM

Bookmarking

cafegoddess Mar 20th, 2010 04:13 PM

Kayf,

Did you have a car while in Nice? If so, how was parking?

KayF Mar 21st, 2010 03:40 AM

Hi cafegoddess, I was surprised to see this thread again - it started 2 years ago. But in answer to your question, we didn't have a car and didn't feel the need for one. We caught the train all the way from London (Eurostar then TGV) and caught public buses and the train on day trips. All very easy.

We were there at Christmas time and it seemed fairly quiet, lots of people still about but I imagine in peak season it would be very different. There were multi storey car parks about and I think we could have parked reasonably easily but it's hard to tell really.

The apartment we had was great but didn't have a car park. If you need somewhere to park, you could email the people at Nice Pebbles (website above) and ask if any of their apartments come with somewhere to park.

Kay

thedeaushuss1 Mar 21st, 2010 08:18 PM

Thanks for your post. I am also interested in a rental in Florence. We are looking at possibly mid to late October.

Any suggestions are appreciated or at least companies that are reliable for rentals.

Thank you!

cafegoddess Mar 21st, 2010 11:04 PM

Hi KayF,

Thanks, we are thinking of renting an apartment with Nice Pebbles but the parking situation is a concern. I email Nice Pebbles but I have not heard from them. May I ask which apartment you rented. We are thinking of Vincent or Catherdale. Thank you for your help.

KayF Mar 21st, 2010 11:26 PM

Hi cafegoddesss,

we rented the Pastorelli apartment. It's 2 bedroom and we are a couple so only used one bedroom but we loved the apartment, I could easily have lived there.

I did a report on the apartment on www.slowtrav.com as that's where I first found the reference to Nice Pebbles. You could do a search there under Nice or my name.

Kay

tdk320n Mar 22nd, 2010 03:38 AM

I used nice pepples last year and was very pleased with the service and apartment. I am renting from them again this year.
The apartment thatI am renting this year is the ALEXANDRE Mari. If i remember there is a garage or parking very close by.

Tina