Anything on in August?

Jun 28th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Andrea

Anything on in August?

I'm going to Moscow/St Petersburg 1st two weeks in August and I can't seem to find out any information about what will be happening in terms of performing arts. I know the Mariinksy is closed and it seems the Bolshoi has no info beyond June. Does everything shut down in August? Can anyone tell me about plays/ballet/music concerts at other venues during August?

Jun 28th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Rusty

There's several websites that have the info you're looking for. The Moscow Times website has alot of info, I've countless links bookmarked at home(I'm now at work, not working however). A quick search on google will get you a wealth of info. I'm going there next week and have researched to the nth degree. The Mali theatre in St. Petersburg will be open I believe and alot of the smaller theatres and performing arts are open.

Jun 28th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Rusty

There's several websites that have the info you're looking for. The Moscow Times website has alot of info, I've countless links bookmarked at home(I'm now at work, not working however). A quick search on google will get you a wealth of info. I'm going there next week and have researched to the nth degree. The Mali theatre in St. Petersburg will be open I believe and alot of the smaller theatres and performing arts are open.

Jun 28th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Gary

From June 3rd through August 31st, the 11th Summer Ballet Season will bring some of the best Russian ballet performances to the Alexandrinsky Theatre.

Search this Thread