Anyone used the "London for Less" card?

Dec 3rd, 1997, 06:28 AM
Karen

Anyone used the "London for Less" card?

We received a large packet of info from the British Tourist Authority. Included was the brochure for "London for Less" - for approx $20 a card per family entitling them to a week of discounts on most of the essential (according to all the posters on this board!) tours (bus & individual sites), West End theaters, Royal Shakespeare, etc., etc. Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks.

Dec 3rd, 1997, 02:39 PM
Larry Gaul

My wife and I used the London for Less card on a trip to the UK in June 97. Since we were in London only 3 days the cost effectiveness of the card was questionable - we may have broken even. However, it does include discounts to the major tourists attractions and a good variety of local and international restaurants. The longer you plan on being in London the more benefit you will reap from this program.

A thought worth noting, you can recoup the cost of this card on a purchase of a London Sightseeing trip aboard one of the double deck buses. This is a must for a first time visitor to London.

Larry

Dec 30th, 1997, 07:36 AM
Kate Meilicke

Karen, How did you get the packet from the British Travel Authority? I am thinking about going to England next year and that sounds like a good thing to get.

Thanks,
Kate

Dec 30th, 1997, 03:37 PM
Jeff Pankow

My wife and I were in London last year, and we used the card on many different occasions. There were discounts on many of the things we wanted to see, so we got a lot of use out of it. We did not pay for the card. We got the card as part of our hotel package. If you are booking your hotel through a tour operator (as we did), you might get it for free.

Dec 31st, 1997, 06:04 AM
Karen

Kate: British Tourist Authority, 40 West 57th St., New York, NY 10019-4001. Toll-free 800-462-2748. Have fun planning!

Dec 31st, 1997, 06:28 AM
Kate Meilicke

Thanks Karen...I just ordered the packet!

Jan 28th, 1998, 01:51 PM
Nancy