Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Anyone used Go.today.com for booking trips? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/anyone-used-go-today-com-for-booking-trips-52920/)

Kathryn K Sep 13th, 1999 02:49 PM

Anyone used Go.today.com for booking trips?

HI, I am being tempted by some great sounding packages on the web from this Seattle-based company (Go-today.com.) Has anyone used them for travel? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Erin Sep 14th, 1999 05:58 AM

Hi, <BR>Go-Today is the best travel discounter out there. I used them a few months ago for a trip to London and Paris. The price was right, much lower than any other package. The tickets arrived about 6 weeks before we departed and the trip was flawless. <BR> <BR>We choose the budget accomodations, so the hotels in both cities were converted townhouses. The rooms were clean, but small and the staff was very friendly and professional. In London, our hotel was on Sussex Gardens about 5 minutes walk from Paddington Station. In Paris, the hotel was in the 1er, half a block from Tuilieres and The Louvre. Our transportation from London to Paris was via the Eurostar and for £28 each, we were able to upgrade to 1st class. The only thing that was not included in the package was transportation between the hotels and the Eurostar train stations. So we took the tube from our London hotel to Waterloo station and took a taxi from Gare du Nord to our Paris hotel. But I will definitely use them again. Good Luck! <BR> <BR>

Carol Sep 14th, 1999 08:35 AM

Erin: What were the names of your hotels in London and Paris?

Carl Sep 15th, 1999 01:43 PM

Hi, <BR>We used Go-Today last April for a Trip to London and found them to be authentic, and very accomodating. The price was the best we've seen for a Week in London for Air and Hotel plus they included a "London for Less" book and Transfers to and from the airport. We asked if we could extend our trip another 8 days so we could take in Bath, Stratford and York on our own and they accomodated us at no extra cost. They even booked our last night in England for us in London for our Flight home the next day at a very good rate. We had to be a little flexible on our Leaving and Returning dates but it all worked out to a wonderful experience. I too had my doubts at first about using an "E-Mail only" travel company but I will definitely use them again. Our Hotel in London was the Forte Posthouse Bloomsbury and was nice and comfy and in a great Location. I'd say Go for It, just be flexible as to which dates you depart (have a 2nd and 3rd choice of dates). Hope this helps, Good Luck <BR> <BR>

Erin Sep 16th, 1999 05:08 AM

In London, my hotel was The Royal Sussex Hotel on Sussex Gardens. In Paris, the Louvre St Romain on rue St Roch.

Al Sep 16th, 1999 05:56 AM

My browsers...Netscape...and Yahoo...are drawing a blank on go-today.com and can't find this web site. How come?

Carl Sep 17th, 1999 05:12 AM

Hi Al-- <BR>Go-Today.com should work, I just used it and it worked for me. Their server does go down on Wed or Thurs when they update it but it should work. They also have a links with TravelZoo.com under vacation packages. Or you can look up the articles that Frommers.com has for them by doing a search under their newsletters. They used to be Europeanvacations.com or europevacations.com but changed to <BR>Go-today.com. Keep trying, it's worth it!!

Al Sep 17th, 1999 06:02 AM

Thanks, Carl. Their web pages are up and running -- amazing offers.

Georgine Sep 20th, 1999 05:09 PM

Kathryn, <BR> <BR>We used go-today.com for two bookings in the last year --a fly-drive to England and an air/hotel combination to Paris. <BR>The ticketing was in order and promised services delivered. However, if there is a glick in the course of your travels, there may be little help offered by their staff. As long as you are resourceful and can deal "on your own' with any irregularities that arise, you'll find their packages good value. <BR> <BR>The company recently changed its web site to go-today.com from europe vacations.com, since they are now offerings packages to other areas of the globe besides Europe. <BR>

Harriett Sep 21st, 1999 03:59 AM

I've just tried three different variations of 'go-today.com' and all three times got a message that said 'The system cannot find the file specified.' Any other suggestions?

Harriett Sep 21st, 1999 04:02 AM

I've just tried three different variations of 'go-today.com' and all three times got a message that said 'The system cannot find the file specified.' Any other suggestions?

Carl Sep 21st, 1999 04:38 AM

Hi Harriet-- <BR>I just loggged onto Go-today.com with no problems. It could be it's just too busy or down for maintainence. Refer to my earlier post as they do have links with Frommers and TravelZoo's web pages. If not try your web browser to find Go-today. It should work eventually. Good Luck.