Anyone used 1 2 travel in Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been impressed with the website and offerings of 1 2 Travel which is based in Ireland. Any comments about them would be appreciated as we are interested in a fall trip to Ireland.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM

I have also been impressed by their web site and find their emailed monthly newsletters quite informative. Haven't ever actually used them as our trips (departure airport, vehicle and accommodation requirements and my perverse need to control al decision-making aspects of my travel (my children call it anal retentive, I prefer to say that I am 'detail-oriented&quot. They did provide a fairly competive price quote for my most recent trip, but as we had to keep our plans open ended to accommodate a family get-together, I ended up making my own arraingements.
Got an email a few days ago that said Brian Moore Tours is offering what looks to be an excellent deal for a one-week FLY/DRIVE, starting at $299 per person, from Nov.-Mar. Think you have to book by end of July. I'm sure that price is PRE tax, but ...
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 07:33 AM

They have a good reputation and I believe that Michele Erdwig recommends them. I attempted to use them once for a self guided boat trip down the Shannon, but it didn't work out becuase their vendor chnged their mind on fulfilling the needs of my trip. I ended up using another company that I found on my own. 12travel were good to work with.

The Brian Moore thing certainly sounds like a good deal. Depends on the upcharge from other cities. If you are close to an Aer Lingus departure point, deals are much easier to find.

Bill
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Italian Chauffer,
Thanks for the info on Brian Moore offer. It looks very good. June
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 04:43 AM

Thank you for both of those websites! I'll get to Ireland eventually, so I've bookmarked them for future reference.

Karen
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:43 PM

I used them for my trip in April. I got a better airfare than they could do, so just bought B&B vouchers and car rental from them. Next time I won't bother with vouchers, they limited the choice too much, and I probably could have gotten the same rate for the car through Aer Lingus. However, when I was bumped from my flight and departed 2 days later than planned Sean was very helpful at rearranging my car rental. Also, I stayed with Sean's parents in Cashel at the Ladyswell B&B which was very nice. I'd use them again if I couldn't get what I wanted through Aer Lingus.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:44 PM

I forgot to say, they are VERY easy to reach with a toll free number from the US and very prompt email responses.