Reload this Page >

Anyone use the Jet Lag pills?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:55 AM
Darth

Has anybody used these pills & if so did they work? Also any ideas to help fight jet lag on a long plane ride from California to Germany? Thanks.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:03 AM
deb

Yes, I have. They help (at least I don't feel as bad as without them nor as drugged as melatonin).<BR><BR>In addition, I have learned to limit my alcohol and tea/coffee consumption while carrying my own liter of water definitely helps!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:30 AM
Carol

Where do you buy these?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:51 AM
Brian

Carol, you can buy these as most travel stores which may be found in most major malls. Also vitamin stores sell them as they are a "natural" supplement. We have Trader Joe's by us that sell them too. Don't know if you have those around you. Call some of these above places & you'll find them.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:49 AM
Alice

I posted a response to this but it's gone, unless there is another post...?? but anyway, we do find these herbal rememdies helpful, regardless of whether 'proven' or not... Reduces the feeling of disorientation and inability to concentrate. Nothing helps with lack of sleep from overnight flight, but that isn't really jet-lag... I buy our supplies from Magellan.com

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:07 PM
Paula

We used them and think they helped.<BR>Paula

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:49 PM
Bob Brown

Does anyone know what the herbs are in these anti lag pills? Is it kava kava, valerian, or a mixture of the two with a little melatonin?<BR>They could also legally mix in a little benadryl as well.<BR>

Old May 4th, 2002, 01:16 PM
syl

We used them.Can't tell if it was the pills that worked or the fact that we didn't eat the big meal offered to us and decided to put ear plugs & mask on and go to sleep with just a glass of water prior.

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Alice

The product has a website where you can get the ingredients... www.nojetlag.com ... click on 'technical specifications'. There is other information about jet lag itself as well...

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:18 PM
MoronsInc

Have any of you very intelligent people gone to the web site? Maybe you noticed they don't say ONE WORD about what's in this wonderful product. P.T. Barnum was right, "A absolute moron is born every minute." To paraphrase. - Look it up you idiots!!!

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Vera

Contrary to the moronic post above, the web site lists the active ingredients, which include well known Chamomille and an ipecac derivative as well as three lesser-known homeopathic remedies and three inactive ingredients.<BR>

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Bob Brown

Well, I did look it up. You folks can take that pill if you want to, but bear in mind that one of the primary ingredients is arnica. <BR><BR>The Herbal Information Center states that arnica is not indicated for internal use because it can cause vomiting, weakness, increased heart rate, and nervous disturbances.<BR><BR>Dr. Tyler in his book "The Honest Herbal" states flatly that when ingested, arnica can cause cardiac toxicity as well as high blood pressure.<BR><BR>I have all of the high blood pressure I need and I am not going to ingest anything that might stir it up!!<BR><BR>

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:12 PM
MoronsInc

It's amazing to me how stupid people are. They think by knowing the name of a product or substance it gives them some divine knowledge of how things work or behave. The same was true of phrenologist who thought they understood human behavoir based on the shape of the human skull. Oh yes, this was a very popular fad in the 18th century...not unlike psychic readings of today or astrology in the 80's. Now people like Vera, who I bet lives in California, thinks by saying words like Chamomille and other herbal like phrases, gives her the same power that phrases like "the moon is in the 7th house" gave people in the 80's. It's amazing how consistent throughout history this kind of pseudoscience has been. Remember, science is power that can be explained. Magic is power without rational explanation. You decide which you want to follow.

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:20 PM
pam

I used them and they seemed to help.<BR>You can buy them at www.magellans.com

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Martin

Ever heard of the placebo effect? That's the reason the FDA requires double blind studies BEFORE it approves medications! Otherwise you are no different from the snake oil salesman of 18th century Romania!

Old May 5th, 2002, 04:36 AM
frank

The herbal form has a list of ingredients on the back, never used them, I remember seeing chamomile on the list. I find melatonin works very well.I've seen both on sale at Chicago airport in small blister poacks.