Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Anyone use Croatia Travel? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/anyone-use-croatia-travel-672696/)

Sam_Curtis Jan 22nd, 2007 01:30 PM

Anyone use Croatia Travel?

My husband and I were recommended two travel agencies to book our independent vacation in Croatia. Our friend from Macedonia recommended www.croatiatravel.com and we saw others mention www.traveltimeny.com;

Has anyone used these agencies to make reservations for airfare/hotel/ferry to Croatia?

rosexmke Mar 4th, 2007 05:57 AM

Sam, most people on this forum make their own plans - that might be why no one has replied.

issy Mar 4th, 2007 06:14 AM

We have always made our own travel arrangements. However, when we went to Croatia last June, we used Travel Time NY. They do have many packaged itineraries, but we were not interested in anything like that. I did a great deal of research myself, but found it helpful to talk with Dragica for her opinions. She did come up with a proposed itinerary and hotels. I researched her recommendations and also looked at some things on my own, and from there we tweaked things a bit. She was able to make some hotel reservations, even though the hotel website would indicate that there was no availability. She also figured out the ferry schedule for us, and made car rental arrangements. It made for a very easy trip.

They will do as little or as much as you want. If nothing else, do check airfare with them.

When we go to Croatia again, other than airfare, we will lkely just book independently. But for the first time traveler, I found them helpful.

Also, since last year, a number of folks from this forum have gone to Croatia, so you can get some really good advice hear now as well. So if you have specific questions, please post.

Debs Mar 4th, 2007 10:38 AM

Sam-We also relied on Dragica's help from Time Travel NY for our trip to Dubrovnik last year, and now again this year for Opatija/Ljubljana/Zagreb. She's from Opatija so certainly knows the area! We were very satisfied with TTNY and I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with them. Perhaps other posters can comment on Croatia Travel so you can compare the two. Croatia is amazing! ENJOY!

drkathej Mar 5th, 2007 06:03 PM

I feel disappointed that I didn't have a successful experience with Traveltime. I contacted them and although Dragica's itinerary was good, it took her a long time to get back to me. The price she came up with was higher than I thought it would be and when I asked if she could break it down to airfare, she said that she would only do the whole package-- and would cancel it. Then, two days later she replied about the price of the airfare, which was reasonable. In the meanwhile, I contacted Croatia Travel and Boris booked the airfare for me right away at a very good price. I would have preferred the air arrangments that Traveltime had--through Frankfurt--but I didn't even ask Boris about Frankfurt because I assumed it would be too expensive and he booked the flight through London, which was the cheapest fare. In the end, I made hotel reservations myself and I definitely saved money. I would have liked to use traveltime but I didn't really want to pay more for hotels than I could arrange on my own and I thought that I would be saving money if I used them.