Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone try Treyvaud's restaurant in Killarney

Jun 19th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Just wondering if anyone tried Treyvaud's restaurant in Killarney, Co Kerry. There was a lot of people wondering where to eat in Killarney and Treyvaud's is brilliant on high st. Anyway check out their website to see www.treyvaudsrestaurant.com
Punto
Jun 19th, 2004, 12:30 PM

The menus look terrific, I can already taste the Irish salmon! What were the prices like?
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

sorry alison, was away again. prices are very good from 4-8 euro for starters and 15-23 for main course. it is definetly worth going to. I reckon the best restaurant in Kerry
Jun 29th, 2004, 11:09 AM

That's the restaurant I ate in last month and got Montezuma's revenge. I should have suspected something because of the filthy bathrooms and all the rodent droppings.
Jun 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Airlawgirl

Thanks Punto- I'll make sure to tell those I know going to Ireland and Killarney to look up this restaurant-the fact that it has a website with menus is quite helpful. I, for one, very much appreciate it when someone finds a really good restaurant and wants to share the good news. I've done exactly the same thing myself on the Asia board, for the Courtyard Restaurant in Beijing. People do want to know these things.

P.S. Pay no attention to the idiots on this board. Like everywhere, you have to put up with them (sigh!)

Jun 29th, 2004, 01:13 PM

Budman, you idiot , did you really get sick from eating there? My brother-in-law ate somewhere in Kinsale and got sick, it happens...What did you eat? (We tend to eat mostly in pubs, but this place had a great menu.)
Jun 29th, 2004, 01:48 PM

Idiot? I've never been called an idiot before? What is an idiot?

Mr. punto's only posts on this board are to plug his restaurant -- I consider that advertising which is not allowed on this forum and would avoid his place it like the plague, website or not!!

Airlawgirl, click on his name and see my previous post to another of his advertising.

Idiot?
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:43 AM

1.Stop the advertising. Its not allowed.
2. I do not consider 15-23 euro for a mains reasonable in the countryside. In Dublin yes but I guess because its a touristy area people get hijacked.
Jun 30th, 2004, 03:57 AM

I do consider 15-23 euros reasonable, especially if the food is good. I was in Killarney in early June and had two excellent dinners. The first was at the West End restaurant on New Street, and the second was at Robertinos on High Street. Both had entrees under 20 euros.
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Deary me, Budman, whats your agenda? I was just looking over and saw your comment. What time to you squell for dinner and is it time to change your nappy? Thanks airlawgirl. The only reason I said this place because I answered someone else's question. Sorry I can't do the picture thing on this site but I'm not too I.T minded. Budman, whether or not you are an idiot is not my business but saying somewhere gave you food poisioning when you weren't even there is a bit immature. I'll give you 100bucks if you tell me any of the pictures in the toilet