Anyone tried hotel Ca' Pisani in Venice?

Apr 7th, 2002, 12:38 PM
paula

Anyone tried hotel Ca' Pisani in Venice?

Looks very nice, unusual decor etc and was recommended in Conde Nast - but has anyone got any experience of it? I can probably only afford the standard room. Thanks

Apr 7th, 2002, 03:57 PM
elaine

hi
if you do a search here on that hotel you should find some past postings.
I know there were some in late March.
I've "inspected" the hotel, and I have some friends who stayed there recently during Carnevale. They loved it.
It is not traditional Venetian decor, but modern/art deco. My friends had a junior suite so I can't comment on the standard doubles. But they did rave about the accommodating service of the staff, and the great location.

Apr 8th, 2002, 02:47 AM
kavey

We didn't stay or look at the hotel but we enjoyed two superb meals in the basement restaurant La Rivista which belongs to the hotel when we were in Venice over Easter 2002.

Absolutely wonderful standard of cuisine, unusual combination of ingredients and the bread basket was just fantastic - my favourites were the rolls with little pieces of succulent olive through the dough and the walnut rolls with flavoursome chunks of walnuts. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm!

The quirky decor and excellent service in the restaurant would make me think that the hotel should be pretty good too.

Kavey

Apr 8th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Stuart Croucher

I stayed there last year and frankly it was one of the best hotels I've ever been to (and I've traveled extensively). It's beautiful, fantastically located, has very helpful staff and the rooms are frankly startling.
In fact, during our stay there, it rained quite heavily one day and after a morning of churches, cathedrals etc, we simply went back to the hotel and played with the room.
As you could probably guess, i can't recommend it highly enough.

Apr 8th, 2002, 09:01 AM
paula

Sold! I'll book it! I think I'll splash out and book the junior suite. Thanks all so much for the replies. Paula

Apr 15th, 2002, 07:53 AM
ttt

topping