Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Anyone stayed in Celerina at Chesa Rosatsch? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/anyone-stayed-in-celerina-at-chesa-rosatsch-462059/)

sandiedog Jul 24th, 2004 12:54 AM

Anyone stayed in Celerina at Chesa Rosatsch?

I'm looking for a hotel in or near Celerina for a couple of nights to meet up with friends in Celerina. Has anyone stayed here, and if so, is it ok for a couple of nights? Also, is it accessible to town and train station? The only other hotel I see listed in Celerina is the Cresta Palace which also looks nice, but the rate I was quoted is a bit higher.

Ingo Jul 24th, 2004 04:48 AM

Have not stayed there, but I know it IS a charming place. Only 3 minutes walk to the bus stop, 5 minutes more to the railway station.

Where have you looked for hotels in Celerina? Go to www.celerina.ch (which is unfortunately only in German) and click on "Unterkunft" and "Hotels". A list will appear ... with many choices.

sandiedog Jul 24th, 2004 07:00 AM

Any other specific recommendations? The Misani is also available -do you have any insight on that one?

Ingo Jul 24th, 2004 08:10 AM

The Misani received very good reviews. It is a sort of "hip" place - not very typical for a mountain village.

Once again, the Chesa Rosatsch is an excellent choice.

You'd better decide where to go first and ask questions on accommodation then. Looks like I am wasting my time here.

swandav2000 Jul 24th, 2004 08:10 AM

Hi sandiedog,

Sorry no real experience in Celerina to offer -- just a suggestion that you do a text search here. I did one this morning for "Celerina" just to check, and about 10 threads came up, some with hotel info. I know Ingo specifically mentioned the Misani in one of those early threads.

Hope this helps.

s

sandiedog Jul 24th, 2004 11:17 AM

Ingo, Sorry you feel like you're wasting your time. I thought that was the purpose of this forum - to offer advice and provide feedback. Obviously you read my later post on having second thoughts about St Moritz - I've got two options open to me and I'm interested in hearing from others on their experiences and suggestions so I can make a decision. If you feel like you're wasting your time, don't bother posting a reply.

Ingo Jul 24th, 2004 11:55 AM

Yes, I read your other post. The reason why I am a little confused (and feeling like wasting my time providing info on accommodation) is that you should first know where to go and then inquire on accommodation. Why asking for accommodation tips before knowing that you will stay in the area?

I'll reply after you have made your decision.

swandav2000 Jul 24th, 2004 12:00 PM

sandiedog,

I know exactly what Ingo is talking about -- in the past few years, I've seen him offer hours and hours of research and advice, only to have the original poster change his/her mind and go elsewhere. I'm surprised it's taken him this long to decide to be more selective in his responses.

And it makes sense, no? The more work, research, and decion-making the original poster does, the more the forum can help him/her fine tune and perfect the plan.

So, have you done a text search yet? There's lots out there on Celerina.

s

sandiedog Jul 24th, 2004 12:16 PM

Can't a girl change her mind? My itinerary has always been to head to Lucerne from Bern - then friends called to say they would be in Celerina so I thought perhaps I'd do that instead - thus my question about the hotel. But now I've had second thoughts on cancelling Lucerne to go to St Moritz instead, mainly because I'll lose entire day of travel just training to St Moritz from Bern. I simply wanted to hear others input on the two cities - so, I'm sorry if I'm being indecisive. I'm taking 3 friends from the US to Switzerland for the first time (for all of us) and I want to make the right choices. So I'll just close out this post until I decide between Celerina and Lucerne. And for the record, there are really not that many posts on Celerina so it's not like I didn't try to do the research first.

Ingo Jul 24th, 2004 12:31 PM

There are 19 posts coming up on a search for Celerina.

sandiedog Jul 24th, 2004 12:43 PM

You're right - and we can go back and forth on this forever. But read the actual posts and you'll see that there's very little depth to those posts on Celerina - in terms of what there is to do or where to stay. Many of them simply include the word Celerina.
I know that you're a very reliable source on this board and that your input and opinions are important - so I give up - you win! I'm wrong. Again, I'm just looking for answers to my specific questions, that I have not found the specific answers to here on this board. Perhaps I'm expecting too much (or I'm very bad at doing research).

swandav2000 Jul 24th, 2004 12:57 PM

Hi sandiedog,

I'm sorry if I came off as a scold -- the whole point is to get the best answers so travellers get great trips. The more information posters give us (about the research they've done, the problems they're having with research, their specific budget, their decision points), the better our information becomes. Anyway, the best thing about travelling in Switzerland is that you're bound to have a great trip, no matter what!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you again after you've refined your plans.

s