Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed in a standard room at Les Minimes in Amboise?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Lisa

Hi, Still working on my itinerary and places to stay in France. Amboise seems like a good choice as a base in the Loire Valley, and Les Minimes is recommended uniformly on this web site. The deluxe rooms look great on the website, but since we need 2 rooms are out of our budget. Are the standard rooms there adequate in terms of size and amenities, or would we be happier at a less expensive, but roomier hotel? I was thinking of Chateau des Ormeaux as an alternative. Thanks.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Doctor

Is that my Minime, hmmm?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:41 AM
uhoh

I'm sure you will be quite pleased with the standard rooms. In fact, if you are going out of season and they are not busy, you may even be put in a nicer room if one (or two) is available.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Lisa

Thanks for the reply. Any other comments? Thanks.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 01:01 PM
John H

Hi, Lisa,

I stayed in a superior room at Minimes, but twop of my traveling party stayed in a standard room. It was certainly adequate in both size and amenities, but certainly not nearly so spacous as the superior doubles. The standard rooms are on the 3rd floor, if I recall correctly, with the superior rooms on the second floor.

The owners of Manoir les Minimes were very kind and helpful. Amboise is a great little city and a wonderful base for touring the Loire Valley. The hotel is literally only a 5-minute walk into town -- we loved the location. I don't know anything about the other property you are looking at. But, I'd definitely recommend staying at Manoir les Minimes.

Happy travels.

John H.