Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Anyone stayed at the Paris Courtyard by Marriott Neuilly? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/anyone-stayed-at-the-paris-courtyard-by-marriott-neuilly-494186/)

JenniferC Jan 10th, 2005 08:44 AM

Anyone stayed at the Paris Courtyard by Marriott Neuilly?

Hello! I am planning our first trip to Paris in March. It will be me, my husband and our two girls, 4 and 8. Since we have Marriott points we are considering the Courtyard Neuilly...also it is one of the few hotels that will accommodate 4 people in one room. Does anyone have any thoughts on that hotel? Thanks!

StCirq Jan 10th, 2005 09:50 AM

I don't know the hotel personally, but my thoughts would be that for a first trip to Paris, I wouldn't want to be out in a suburb, albeit a suburb that's not too far away. I'd want to be IN Paris to experience it for as many hours of the day as possible.

As far as rooms for 4 go, it's true they're not that easy to find, but I wouldn't say there are only a few hotels that have them. There have been threads on that topic on this board before, and I've noticed a lot of quad room listings. The two hotels I stay at in Paris, e.g. (the Duquesne and the Hôtel de France) both have quad rooms.

If you've exhausted your search for quad rooms in Paris and are really set on using those Marriott points, then it's an OK choice. But it won't be the same as being in the city.

Christina Jan 10th, 2005 11:40 AM

yeah, I agree. It's not very near a metro stop, either.

SuzieC Jan 10th, 2005 12:00 PM

I gotta suggestion. Save your points for a really another time (Somewhere in the US?)
With the girls, one only a 4 year old to boot, you'd be too far out of the think o'things to dash back "just in case"...the money you might be saving just simply wouldn't be enough for the lengthy travel, metro costs ... a price for the "all tired and cranky" ... against some nice centrally located bijoux of a hotel..
(yeah yeah... my attempted at bijoux is no doubt misssspellled).

SuzieC Jan 10th, 2005 12:13 PM

and I really got to proofread

"really special time"... and "thick o' things"...

sheesh

ThinGorjus Jan 10th, 2005 12:46 PM

I have never stayed at the hotel, but I have eaten breakfast there. My close friend, Christina, lives in the neighbourhood.

The hotel is very nice. It is new, spacious, and has a swimming pool. The buffet breakfast was fantastic.

I like Neuilly a lot, as it is a pretty suburb. The Metro stop at Porte Maillot is quite a hike, however. You have to like to walk if you are staying in Neuilly. I don't know if your girls are up for so much walking.

miguelgcuadra Jan 10th, 2005 12:56 PM

I stayed there last year.

Hotel. is very nice , rooms are excellent.
Location: in a very nice residential area, too far away from downtown Paris.
Metro: closest station is about 6 blocks away. Need to take two trains and takes about 30 to 45 minutes to reach downtown.

Location is the problem, not the hotel.