Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at Citadines apt'hotel in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 11:10 AM
mike

Thinking of the Louvre apts. in particular or the St. Ger. Thanks much, M.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 12:42 PM
bill

We stayed at the Citadines Voltaire Republique several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We rented a one bedroom apartment with a terrace looking out onto the perfect Paris street. The staff at Citadines was very friendly and accomodating. Also, having a washer and dryer in the basement meant we didn't have to bring as many clothes. On the corner was a small neighborhood cafe and around the corner was a market - perfect for picking up a bottle of wine to take back to the apartment. We are going to stay there again next summer. We have stayed in two mid-range hotels in Paris since our stay at the Citadines and feel we got a lot more for the money at Citadines. I can't speak for the other Citadines hotels in Paris, but based on our stay at Voltaire Republique, I would highly recommend them. Hope this is helpful.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Fred

The Citadines all get OK reviews from people with some being a little <BR>better than others. Here's what people had to say about the Citadines St. <BR>Germain: <BR>the hotel is new<BR>clean<BR>nice staff <BR>no French flavor or charm. <BR>have to pay for extra for daily maid service <BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Gretchen

We were invited to see an apartment in the St. Germain location by a couple we met at dinner (at Cote Seine, Fred!). It was very nice, very "slick" and shiny. They were enjoying it and I think had a view of Notre Dame. I "might" consider it if we go as a family with small children.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Lisa

Last summer we stayed at a Citadines in Barcelona. It was absolutely wonderful - modern, clean, comfortable, beautifully decorated, spacious etc. We had looked into booking Citadines in Paris but did not as they could not accommodate my sister's family of 5. When I saw the location of the one in St Germaine which overlooks the Seine, I really regretted not staying there, especially as we had such a great experience in Barcelona.<BR><BR>In addition, there were such great markets with incredibly attractive food choices nearby, we would have enjoyed bringing in food and eating in the apartment instead of eating every meal out. <BR><BR>It would have also been nice to come back after a long day of walking and sightseeing and have somewhere to sit and relax other than the bed(in our tiny, expensive hotel room with a window overlooking a stairwell.) I could have rather been sipping a glass of wine while watching the boats go by on the Seine.

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 07:24 AM
mike

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. I also found a nice site for apts. @ www.panacherental.com. M.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:17 AM
Doug

My family and I just spent a week at the Citadines Louvre. The location was great: centrally located in a nice neighborhood, right next to the Palais-Royale and the Comedie Francaise (separated by no more than a narrow alley-way), a two minute strow from the metro and a five minute strow from the Louvre. The room (living room, bedroom, kitchen, bath, toilet) was simple but clean with sufficient space for 2 adults and 2 teens. (we saved much money by cooking and eating breakfast in our room: forgo the breakfast downstairs-$7 per person for continental). There was an ATM 1 minute away, a Monoprix grocery nearby on the Avenue de l'Opera (groceries in the lower level), a bakery down the Rue de Richelieu, numerous restaurants. The staff was polite and helpful and spoke English. Much more. I recommend!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:02 AM
mike

Thanks one and all. I found an apt. on the Island of St. Louis through regencyintapts.com. Nice folks to deal with. Will let you know how it turns out. M.