Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at any of these hotels in Murren Switz??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 06:41 PM
Chris

Hotel Bellevue Crystal <BR>Eiger Guesthouse <BR> <BR>Just my wife & I. Going this summer. Probably stay 2-3 nights. <BR> <BR>From looking on their websites: <BR> <BR>http://www.muerren.ch/fandb.htm <BR> <BR>it seems that these hotels in Murren are around $90-120 USD per night. That is about what our budget allows. <BR> <BR>Any feedback greatly appreciated. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 06:47 PM

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 06:11 AM
Janet

Hi Chris! <BR>We stayed at the Hotel Bellevue Crystal last August. We were very happy. Our room had the most incredible view of the mountains. The room itself was pleasant, clean and comfortable. The innkeepers are very friendly, speak english well, and are very helpful. The food was excellent. I would definately recommend it. <BR> <BR>I have not stayed at the Eiger Guesthouse, but I know that it's directly across from the Murren train station. In my opinion, the setting for the Bellevue Crystal is nicer, because it's in town overlooking the town and the mountains rather than overlooking the train staion. However, if you have mobility issues, you should know that the Belleview Crystal is about 2 blocks from the train station, uphill and then downhill. Most of the other hotels in town are up and down the same hill. Only the most expensive hotel in town provides golf cart transportation to and from the hotel. Vehicles are not permitted in Murren, which is wonderful. However, make sure you have easily transported luggage - you'll be carrying it yourself! <BR> <BR>Murren itself is a beautiful town and you'll enjoy it. Have a great trip.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 06:58 AM
Ed

For the record, one need not carry one's own luggage. The train station has lots of baggage carts. Many of the hotels will provide porter service on request if you really need it. <BR> <BR>I'd find the Eiger Guesthouse more convenient myself. It is indeed across from the train station, but from rooms one views the mountains, not the roof of the train station. We stay next door at the Eiger with the same view ... and we stay there because of the view ... and the owners. Nice folks. <BR> <BR>twenj

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Chris

<BR>Thanks to both of you for responding!! <BR> <BR>I guess the next step will be to see if either or both of these places have availability on the days we want to travel & go from there. <BR> <BR>Any comments from anyone else?

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 06:58 PM

to the top <BR>