Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone out there familiar with Park Plaze Hotel, London?

Jun 6th, 2001, 11:57 PM
julie

Hello! We are booked for 7 nites at the Park Plaza Hotel in London. Site unseen! Does anyone know anything about it, and what neighborhood it's in? This is out first trip to the U.K. and we're starting off with a clean slate. Any info about hotel and area much apprecited!

Thank you!

Jun 7th, 2001, 12:42 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors

Site unseen indeed. The Yahoo web searcher shows Crowne Plaza, Norfolk Plaza, and Euston Plaza, but no Park Plaza, and London telephone directory enquiries have not heard of it: it is not in the phone book nor in my head. Please can you send me a phone or fax number or street address for the hotel ? Then I'll gladly comment on the area -- I'll be no use on the interior.

Welcome to London.

Ben Haines

Jun 7th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Rich

Beleive this is the Shaw Hotel on Euston Road. Used to be a big 'ol business/convention type place.

Rich

Jun 9th, 2001, 02:12 PM
z

I topped an older thread for you

Jun 11th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Ben Haines

Rich is right: I've just phoned the hotel.

It's on the Euston Road between Euston and St Pancras main line stations.
The British Library, the British Museum, and the Indian restaurants of Drummond Street are within easy reach. The road is full of traffic, in three lanes in each direction, and you'll want to check your room for noise before you accept it. On upper foors, or with double glazing, rooms will be fine. The immediate area is dull, just big offices, but across the big road, to the south, you are near Duke's Road and Woburn Walk, which are quiet and pleasant. The hotel is well placed for tubes and bus routes in all directions.

Please write if I can help further.

Ben Haines