Search

Zurich Marriott

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Sash

Zurich Marriott

Has anyone stayed at the Zurich Marriott-any comments? Also our flight from JFK gets in early- how do you check into the hotel early?Has anyone got info on a balloon ride in the Zurich area? Thanks

Old May 13th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Ursula

Sash good morning! The Zurich Marriott is quite centrally located, close to the train main station. As it is a first class hotel, you should not have any problem at all checking in your luggage early. I am sure they are used to that, as a lot of US people arriving early stay there. <BR>I shall try to find out about balloon rides in the area later this day. But I am at work right now and quite busy. Sometimes, one can see some balloons. The only thing I know, it is very expensive and they start from places that are not easy to get at. Usually I see them only on weekends, but later in the year. <BR>It would be much easier to take a trip on the lake. <BR>Try to find something at <BR>www.myswiterland.com or <BR>www.zurichtourism.ch <BR> <BR>Enjoy your stay!

Old May 13th, 2001, 10:54 PM
Ursula

Sash: Here your are: You will find more infos about balloon flights at <BR>www.zurichtourism.ch <BR>Go to the English site - Group offers - Group offers in and around Zurich - Scenic balloon flights. <BR>Or: <BR>www.swissballoons.ch <BR> <BR>Don't miss this summer's bench art in Zurich. Some 1000 benches in the center of town. Some of them are real funny to look at. <BR>www.benchart.com

Old May 15th, 2001, 09:39 PM
DanielMC

The Zurich Marriott is very nice. I had an executive room on the top floor and the accomodations were wonderful. The Swiss seem obsessed with clean white bathrooms--mine looked like an operating room! But everything was wonderful. Their rates can be pretty good if you check for a weekender special. I got a huge room for 280 CHF (Swiss Francs) per night and a pass to the Executive Lounge with free breakfast and drinks at night. Quite worth the money. If you arrive early and wish to take a shower before your room is ready, they will direct you to the health club and will call you when a room is available. All in all a very class operation.

Old May 27th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Simon

I stayed one night at the Renaissance in Kloten (just outside Zurich center). This is a Mariott hotel too, but there is another downtown. <BR> <BR>The room was very comfortable, but the view pathethic. The location was really useless (not downtown, yet not at the airport). The breakfast was yuck. <BR> <BR>I was very disappointed.

Old May 27th, 2001, 05:58 AM
guy

Have stayed at the Marriott several times..and was completely satisfied. Is this the end all be all vacation hotel...no. It is very comfortable, the breakfast buffet is wonderful. and you can not be the location. It is located right on the river and if you could get a room over looking the river the view of nearby downtown Zurich is quite good. You are located across the street from Landsmuseum (?) and Park. You conveniently within walking distance of Old Town as well as the Bahnhofstrasse and the Lake. Last month I was on a flight from JFK that arrived early and I had no trouble to check in early. However, that may change from day to day. I would suggest you call them and request an early check in. It is about 15 minutes by cab as I recall.

Old May 14th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Ada

Just want to say that my husband has just stayed at the Zurich Marriott, and he was very happy with the it! The hotel is very nice with great facilities (swimming pool, computer access) Right by the river, the location is close to the train station. He highly recommends it!

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Linda

My husband and I stayed at the downtown Marriott the evening prior to our flight back to the U.S. While the rooms reminded us of vaults from the outside (I think they are meant to), they are well done. The facilities (health club, pool, restaurants) are very good and the location is wonderful. We liked it so much that we are once again spending our last evening before flying home at the Marriott. P.S. They have a free shuttle to the airport. Don't know if they pick up from the airport but it is very easy to get a train from the airport then a short walk to the hotel. Have fun.