Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Anyone know Villa Sassolini, La Spinosa or Relais della Rovere?

Anyone know Villa Sassolini, La Spinosa or Relais della Rovere?

Jul 15th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Anyone know Villa Sassolini, La Spinosa or Relais della Rovere?

I am leaning towards one of these three places for my trip to Tuscany in August and I'm not sure which one to pick. La Spinosa, Villa Sassolini or Relais della Rovere. Does anyone know any of these places? It would be such a big help!
Jul 15th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

anyone at all?
Jul 15th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

I'd love at least one response.....
Jul 16th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

I keep bringing this to the top but I'm about to give up.
Jul 16th, 2004, 10:20 AM

As I said, go to slowtrav.com and read reviews and keep an open mind. In general, people on this board answer based on their own experiences and you have zeroed in on places that are not well known.
Jul 16th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I tried slowtrav.com upon your first suggestion. Unfortunately, none of the places were listed. I wouldn't pursue them if I didn't love the descriptions of them on Tuscany.net. I guess I will have to just go with my own feeling on it. Thank you for your help.
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:57 PM

You are missing my point. They all sound good on Tuscany.net--do not trust that. Trust actual reviews by experienced travelers like you find there. I know a ton of places in Tuscany, but not these except for Rovere, which is not rural. Open your mind.
Jul 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Bob, I took your advice and read reviews. Thank you so much you were a big help. So I am on my way to having the trip totally confirmed.

We have 4 nights (Aug. 8th until the 12th) at Sette Querce between the Val d'Orcia and Valdichian. The location got amazing reviews from Conde Nast Traveler.

We are looking to stay in places in Siena for four nights (Aug 12 until the 15th) and are leaning toward the palazzo ravizza. My fiance isn't sure he wants to stay right in the city.

Then we are heading to Florence (August 15 until the 20th). We are planning to stay the JK Place. Also, got wonderful reviews.

I would love to hear how this sounds....

Search this Thread