Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone know the price for overnight rail fromParis to Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Jamie

Hi there,<BR><BR>I would like to take the overnught train from Paris to Venice...bt I cannot find a price on any of the rail websights. For some reason the fare is unavailable. Does anyone have an idea of how much this costs?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Jamie

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Rex

Reportedly 180 euro for a double berth, per this thread:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=34383704<BR><BR>versu s 29 euro to fly on www.airlibexpress.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Liz

There is info about sleeper and couchette prices on various routes at:<BR><BR>www.euraide.de

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Nancy

I took a quick look are &quot;raileurope.com/us&quot;, and the fares (to Paris East) appear to be as follows:<BR><BR>First class $211<BR>Second class $143<BR><BR>I believe there are sleeping car and couchette options. You should look at this website. I often find the Swiss Rail site helpful as well, go to SBB.ch<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Liz

Nancy, the Raileurope site rates include high fees. For anything other than Railpasses, look elsewhere.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:14 AM
jamie

Thank you so much for the info! we have decided to fly!<BR><BR>Jamie

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Bill

Make sure and read as much info as you can on the financial difficulties of airlibexpress<BR><BR>Hopefully, it will not affect their continuing operations.<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Nancy

Liz, thanks for the info. I live in Switzerland and buy my rail tickets through Swiss Rail using my ½ price card; but when I went to the SBB website to look at purchasing tickets from the US, it sent me to Raileurope.com/US. Interesting that you say they are more expensive. How much more on average do you think that site is from say SBB quotes? I have friends in the US who have used that site to plan trips.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 12:53 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Ben Haines

<BR><BR>I used http://www.sncf.com/indexe.htm and found these fares per person, one-way, on the Rialto Express ftrom Paris (Bercy) to Venice (S Lucia). Double with en suite shower and bathroom 247 euros, double 180 euros, 4 berth couchette 131 euros, 6 berth couchette 110 euros.<BR><BR>Welcome to Europe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>