Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

anyone know the Hotel Le Grazie in Assisi?

Dec 16th, 2002, 11:42 AM
melva

We are in the thinking stages of planning a trip to Umbria, and want to go to Assisi...I found Hotel Le Grazie online, and I haven't been able to find any reviews of it. What other hotels have people been to, and recommend?
Thanks,
Melva

Dec 16th, 2002, 12:07 PM
M

I do not know anything about Hotel Le Grazie, but as for the second part of your question, I've stayed at the Hotel Umbra right off the main square. The location is perfect, the rooms are very comfortable, and there are several good restaurants within a five minute walk. I believe the Umbra is a three star and it is well worth it. You can search for some reviews of the hotel in this forum.

M

Dec 16th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Maira

I sincerely would stay closer to the hilltop, that is, not near Santa Maria dei Angelli (train station), but 3 km up the hill, right in Assisi. I recommend the Hotel Dei Priori, Windor Savoia, Umbria, and Alexander. These are hotels I actually checked out and/or stayed while visiting Assisi last month. Dei Priori has an excellent restaurant as well.

Dec 16th, 2002, 02:46 PM
gac

Maira: what can you tell me about the Windsor Savoia? Is its location noisy?

Dec 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Maira

NO. For that matter, Assisi is one of the most quiet towns I've ever been to. As a matter of fact, I have to wonder IF there is a hotel in Assisi where noise is a problem! Windsor Savoia's front porch area has a breathtaking view of the Umbrian valley downhill. It is a very nice hotel, located on the north end of town, very close to where San Francis Basilica is located.