Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Anyone know if Zurich train station OR airport has facilities to store luggage for a day?

Anyone know if Zurich train station OR airport has facilities to store luggage for a day?

Sep 16th, 2002, 05:00 AM
cindy

Anyone know if Zurich train station OR airport has facilities to store luggage for a day?

Can anyone help with this question? My husband will be arriving in Zurich in the morning by train and will have all day in Zurich before his flight leaves to come home. Is there anywhere he can leave his luggage so he can do some sightseeing before his flight?

Sep 16th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Andrew

Hi -

I've just finished working in Zurich and I can confirm that the station contains hundreds of secure left-luggage lockers, open all day (except perhaps the small hours) and costing something like 5 Swiss Francs (in coins) for 24 hours.

As for sightseeing - the old town on both sides of the river is a pleasant 5 minute stroll away from the station, then he could stroll up to the Lake. If the weather's nice, I recommend getting a train (S10 I think) up to the Uitleberg mountain (takes 20 mins and leaves every 30 mins at xx:06 and xx:36). At the top are pleasant forest walks and great views

Sep 16th, 2002, 07:49 AM
phil

Cindy:

I can confirm Andrew's comment, There are lots of lockers both in the main railway station and in the station inside the airport. Prices vary depending on the size of the locker from CHF 2.00 to 7.00.

Hope this helps.

phil.

Sep 16th, 2002, 08:37 AM
cindy

Thanks to both of you!

Search this Thread