Reload this Page >

Anyone here used Uniworld or Cosmos?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Rebecka

Has anyone on this Forum taken a tour with Uniworld, specifically their Vienna/Hungary trip? I found this company of the web and they claim to have 28 years of experience in the travel business. <BR><BR>My mother and I hope to travel together to Vienna and Hungary next year. Both of us are in good physical condition and don't mind walking or getting up early. However, we would probably want some time to explore on our own, too.<BR><BR>Any feedbak on Cosmos would also be welcome. <BR><BR>I already did a keyword search here for Uniworld, but all I get is information on their cruises, which I'm not that interested in.<BR><BR>Thank you, Fodorites, for coming through for me before. Can you do so again? Thanks!<BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Faye

I have traveled with Uniworld and they were fine as far as tours go. I find that I never have enough free time with any tour and Uniworld is as good as any in that respect. At one point their Uniworld tour hosts were more interested in seducing the single women than setting up tours, but maybe they have changed, or maybe all tours end up that way.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:36 PM
laura

My mother and I did the 2 and half week uniworld trip in china that was not a cruise. We found it to be a great tour. It was only 8 people including us. I do think that was probably rare though. If you're looking for a tour company, we had a great experience. Now, I agree with the above post, that I'm iffy on tours in general. You would be able to easily do Vienna and Hungary without a tour.<BR><BR>Again, a thumbs up to uniworld in China.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Rebecka

Thank you for the feedback, Faye and laura!<BR><BR>My mother and I have always traveled independently before and have enjoyed it. But I thought it might be interesting for a change to experience a vacation where everything is pre-planned and more structured, especially in countries where the language might pose a minor problem. Having been in Vienna and Berlin before, I do know a little German but Hungarian is quite another matter! <BR><BR>Anyone else care to comment?

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Nancy F.

My husband and I went to Budapest not knowing any of the language. We stayed at the Gellert Hotel and had a wonderful time. Alot of the people we dealt with spoke English and alot of the locals did too, we had no problem. We went to Gypsy concerts and some classical music concerts in small palaces and I soaked up the waters in the Gellert. Try it on your own, you could never do all of that on a tour, you would be rushed too much. You actually have more of an advantage language wise than we did.