Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone here ever bought air tickets through HOTWIRE which is somehow connected to SideStep online?

Search

Anyone here ever bought air tickets through HOTWIRE which is somehow connected to SideStep online?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 07:44 PM
Dan

Anyone here ever bought air tickets through HOTWIRE which is somehow connected to SideStep online? I have bought tickets from Sidestep and all went well but this Hotwire they have linked through them is different. Says you can't know what airline or even what time of day you will fly until AFTER you pay and all ticket sales are final and they mean final. So it's a bit intimidating to know if they will be okay and not book one on some unknown airline or leaving at 5 am or something. Anyone use Hotwire and have any input please??

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Leslie

Dan, <BR> <BR>A friend of mine has used HOTWIRE for a domestic flight and was pleased with the price, and suggested I check it out too. When doing a comparative search for pricing on an international flight, I was also turned off by not knowing what the airline was. So, I cancelled the request. I have used ORBITZ which provides a greater amount of choices; also, using the same search criteria, the cost of my ticket was $300 less than Hotwire. <BR> <BR>Hope this info helps. <BR> <BR>Leslie

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 09:08 PM
barb

I used Hotwire once so far for a somewhat last minute international flight (about 2 weeks in advance)where I needed 2 tickets. It worked fine for me and I got the best rate that I could find. I did not try Orbitz though. I used several nearby airports as an option and the flight ended up being on American Airlines at the closest airport. One downside - you do not collect frequent flier miles. It was the cheapest flight by at least $300 as I recall. I don't think the time of day matters that much on an international flight where you might save a lot of money.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 01:26 AM
Lily

I also wondered about Hotwire as I saw it mentioned in a newsletter. Anyone else have experiences with it?

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 05:36 AM
elvira

Used Hotwire for a domestic ticket: one change of planes (the norm) on a common airline (Delta, if I remember correctly) at a fantastic price (about 1/2 the advertised prices). Would definitely use them again.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Dale

I just used Hotwire to buy a ticket to Switzerland for mid-October and it was $250.00 less than any other ticket I could find. It turns out it is with Swiss Air and even better I have a paper ticket!!