Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone Heard of VILLA LA BIANCA near LUCCA?

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Delia

Has anyone heard of the towns called Camaiore or Casoli (about 25km North of Lucca)? I recently booked a B&B called VILLA LA BIANCA located inbetween those 2 towns, but have found very little about either.

I'd appreciate any information/experiences on the town or the B&B.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Stewart

I found it here ...

http://www.knowital.com/properties/l...labianca1.html

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Delia

Thanks Stewart!

Anyone actually stayed here or been to these towns?

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 12:08 AM
eliana

Villa La Bianca is a very nice place and you can see some photos at the following address:
http://www.tuscany.net/villalabianca/index.html
even if you have already booked then you can see lots of photos and see if you really like it.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Anorak

After looking at their website it looks beautiful. I would like to know something about the area also. I find it surprising no one seems to know anything about this place to share something on their experience there.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Amy

Hi. Just returned from 2 1/2 weeks in Italy. For some of the time we stayed at a resort in Forte dei Marmi which is on the Ligurian Sea. Only about 1/2 hour from Lucca. We discovered an amazing restaurant in Camaiore called Le Bernadone, an old olive oil factory.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:22 PM
Delia

Thanks Amy. I will put it on my list of restaurants to visit. Thank you Eliana for the link.

It appears the villa is one of those rare places that hasn't been over run with american tourists. I guess I will have to find out for myself if I made a decent choice or not.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 04:42 PM
Gus Sodaro

I stayed 2 nights in Lucca last year with my family of 4. I enjoyed it and would return. Not a lot going on, but interesting walled city. Good restaurants. Stayed at Hotel Piccilo Puccini in town, nice place to stay.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 10:51 AM
Up

Up