Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with this apt, or the area in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone familiar with this particular apt., or the area - 52 rue Dauphine? www.vrbo.com/37144

Planning my fall trip - Paris, Dubrovnik, Rome!!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 12:06 PM
ira

Hi Barb,

If you enter the address at www.pagesjaune.fr you can take a tour of the neighborhood.

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Ira: I tried that before I posted, but with just the address, 52 rue Dauphine, I'm not able to get anything. I also did Paris, 75006, but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:27 PM

Great location

I tried the same link. Choose the English flag in top right to change language. Click on white pages tab at top. Enter the address and choose to see one of the maps. I clicked on Le Buci @ 52 Dauphine.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Near the upper right side of that web page under "a decouvrir", there is a space to choose "votre ville". Choose Paris and a new screen will come up on which you can enter the address. I tried your address and it worked for me.

The apartment is right near the street market at rue de Seine and rue de Buci. Great neighborhood.

I don't know anything about the apartment but I don't see pictures of the bed or the bathroom, which makes me wonder.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:40 PM

I don't know why you couldn't get it, it worked fine for me. I didn't think they had photos in the white pages section, but maybe I missed them. I couldn't have done the above, for example, but I don't use the English section and you don't have to.

I just typed "52 rue dauphine" in the address and 75006 in the "localite" and it came up immediately with two listings for which you could select the photo. I just use www.pagesjaunes.fr (Ira's URL is wrong, I believe)
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all - I think this area is wonderful. I love the rue de Buci. I visit there every time I'm in Paris so it would be great to stay nearby. I had the same thought Nikki about the bathroom and bed, that's why I thought I would ask if anyone was familiar with it. It's like it's too good to be true. But hey, for four days, how bad could it be?
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 01:57 PM

You might e-mail the owner and ask for more photos. When I rented a Paris apartment through vrbo I also asked for a reference to someone who had stayed there recently from the U.S.. We corresponded by email.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM

The hotel Le Regent is at 61 Rue Dauphine and has been recommended here. Iregeo stayed at Le Regent last year and wrote :

"I thoroughly enjoyed my 6 nights at Le Regent, 61 rue Dauphine, in the 6th. This 25 room hotel is charming and quaint, with a superb staff. The location is convenient, if a bit loud, but dual paned windows drown out the nighttime rowdies. Very comfortable, well appointed and fairly priced, I recommend this properly highly. As a single woman traveling alone, I felt entirely comfortable in this hotel. Thanks for the recommendation, Patrick!"

But I would be very wary about why there were no photos of anything <i>important</i> like a bed, or a sofa or bathroom. I notice the owner has another apt. and at least shows a bit of bathroom on that one. The downside could be great location but very uncomfortable and/or noisy. I'd get more photos.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Just sent an email and asked for more info on the bed/sofa and bathroom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because the price and location is so sweet.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 07:14 PM

For 440 a week in St. Germain it's a great deal!!!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:09 AM

I was doing searches on the Buci neighborhood, saw this post, linked over to Barb's apartment and saw it had been pulled from VRBO. Not surprising - hope Barb didn't go with that apt or is aware.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM

You can cut to the chase by going directly to http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr and enter N&deg;:<b>52</b> and Rue:<b>dauphine</b>.

Here's what shows up at that address:

http://tinyurl.com/m4mpp
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:37 AM

What are you trying to say laughingd2?
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Neopolitan

Good question mclaurie. There are a number of reasons apartments disappear from VRBO. At that price it's possible it's now fully booked so they remvoved it. Or maybe they got a full time renter. Or maybe they've sold the apartment. Or maybe they have turned it over to a rental agency to handle. Your comment seems to suggest something &quot;bad&quot; laughingd2?

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 12:57 PM

Yeah, I re-read that post and sadly realize I can't even express myself in my first language!

My intended point was that hopefully the unit hadn't been sold or occupied full-time after Barb had rented it, and that I hope Barb was aware of whatever the true situation is for that apartment.

But I did also intend to imply that sketchy bargain-basement apartment listings without pictures of the main rooms are often sketchy for a reason, making it more likely it was pulled for a flaky reason.

Other than that, I normally wouldn't care less why someone pulls an apartment off VRBO or any other site - it was just that someone on the board expressing an interest in it may not have been aware of the details.