Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with the 4 Seasons in Prague?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
It's a relatively new property, and then it was flooded last year so closed for quite a while. Other than the fact that it's obviously a chain hotel, any specific comments? Would you consider it one of the best in Prague?
Location seems to be quite good, near Charles Bridge (which I guess is why the hotel flooded!).
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 12:35 PM
jmp

Hi,

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons in Prague about 6 months after it opened (June 2001 - I think).

It is a great property - the staff was very helpful. They arranged for a car to take us to a cemetary where one of my husband's relatives is buried. They really went out of their way - -since it was not close (and the car service was sooo inexpensive, we felt guilty)

We also took advantage of the spa -- the massages were great.

Quite frankly when my travel agent told me that a Four Seasons had just opened in Prague, I told her to book it -- I didn't really look anywhere else. (We stayed at Four Seasons Big Island for our honeymoon, so we knew what kind of service to expect).

The hotel is centrally located. The restaurant is pricey for Prague, but still good. And from what I remember, the room rate wasn't as pricey as other Four Seasons.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 12:36 PM

How does it compare to the Intercontinental in Prague?
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:37 PM

Elaine, when that hotel opened, it got very good reviews in the press, travel magazines, etc. I think it is considered one of the best in Prague. I imagine it is a lot nicer than the Intercontinental, but that's based on age, style, etc (educated guesses). It has a better location, also, IMO.

I read the lower floors and basement were flooded and common rooms, so they renovated. I don't think the guest rooms were ever flooded, but I'm not sure.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 03:03 PM

Location is great. On the river. Exterior is new and modern but made to fit in nicely with the old buildings. We were in the public rooms before the flood. They were lovely with flowers everywhere but nicely understated. Inter-continental not in as nice a position and older. If you're going to stay in this kind of hotel, go for 4 Seasons.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Bootman4U

I've stayed in the 4 Seasons although I prefer the more upscale and quieter Savoy which is located within walking distance of the castle and has a tram stop directly at the front door..10 minutes to downtown...but if you prefer being more centrally located the 4 Seasons would be good I think.

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 07:07 PM

We stayed at this property during its second month, March 2001. It was a beautiful hotel, with a mix of the new and old world, impeccable service and great attention to detail. Haven't seen any pictures of it since the flood, but I've been told that the rebuild is excellent. The location is very convenient and the entrance is off a side street which makes it very quiet. By the way, the food in the gorgeous restaurant was a delight in every respect. There is only one Four Seasons I've liked better, the one in Istanbul. Prague is wonderful, romantic as well as urbane...enjoy!
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

great information, thanks to all