Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone Familiar With Le Tourville or Terrass Hotels in Paris

Old Sep 30th, 1997, 04:45 PM
Carl Fields

We are looking for small< quaint Hotels with Queen Sized beds or larger.. Have Heard these two Hotels have large Beds..Any help out there? Thanks..

Old Oct 31st, 1997, 09:33 PM
seamus

Stayed at Terrass a couple years back - didn't find the rooms all that large, and found it to be quite pricey. Best comfort and value I've found was Hotel Frantour Paris l'Est, located right at the Gare de l'Est. Actually had a king size bed, and a little refrigerator, in a spacious and pleasant room. Great location for getting around, too - just take the lift down to the ground floor and walk down the hallway to train/Metro!

Old Nov 1st, 1997, 05:09 AM
Joan

Seamus, do you recall the room rate at the Hotel Frantour Paris l'Est? It sounds interesting to me. Also, what about approximate size of the hotel as far as number of rooms.

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 10:34 AM
seamus

As I recall, I was able to get a "junior suite" for just over $100/night in July at Frantour Paris l'Est. Not sure how many rooms ther eare in the hotel - would gues no more than 100 at most. The location is such that it's not apparent to many travelers, but I surely did enjoy my stay there.

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 09:34 PM
Donna

Definintely Le Tourville. Wonderful hotel, reasonably priced, in a terrific location (and near rue Cler of Rick Steves fame). You absolutely, positively,will enjoy your accomodations and your stay in Paris. Highly recommended by everyone.

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 11:03 PM
Jody

Be advised that most "double" rooms in Paris consist of two twin beds, which if you like may be shoved together to make a King. La Tourville is definintely an outstanding choice. You might also wish to consider La Bourdonnais which is nearby, just as nice, but has lower rates. Here's a website: http://www.pariserve.tm.fr/hotel/bourdonnais/index.htm