Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever take the Connexxion Schiphol Airport shuttle into Amsterdam?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This shuttle service seems like a plausible alternative to a train or taxi from the Schiphol Airport to my hotel in Amsterdam. If you've used this service, what did you think of it?

I asked this question on someone else's recent post, but received no response.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 06:56 AM

I did use Connexion in 2009. I had a unique problem that is no reflection on them, My flight was delayed 9 hours which put me into Schiphol about 12:30 am. I had no way to reach them to advise. When I arrived the airport was like a ghost town. I encountered a taxi driver at the meeting point. He had a cell phone and of course spoke dutch. He truly came to my rescue. He called and all he got was a recorded message, but left his cell phone number. They did return his call about a half hour later. They said they would dispatch a driver for me. They did and I arrived without further incident at my B & B/hotel about 1:30 - 2am. This B & B/hotel is on their circuit so return was per their schedule and went fine. I chose this as I had a bit too much luggage for a 2 week cruise +) to deal with using the train/tram. If luggage is your main reason to consider this, it should work out fine. Depending on where your hotel is located, Otherwise the train is really great in Amsterdam, I have done that way as well
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've taken the normal bus. Does it go near your hotel?
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

bilboburgler:

I don't know what you mean by "normal bus." My hotel (Piet Hein) is near Vondel Park and the Van Gogh Museum, which should is a familiar location, certainly not out of the way.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 08:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have done it. It is more expensive than taking the train but more convenient if it drops you directly in front of, or near, your hotel. Since I ordinarily stay within walking distance or a short tram ride from Centraal Station I usually take the train in.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Well the Piet Hein is on the route, and it will cost you €16 one way, €26 return. You need to book the return part I believe so they will pick you up at your hotel. The hotel can do that. It needs to be booked at least 2 hours before departure.
You need to buy the ticket at the Connexxion desk in Arrivals 4 of Schiphol (after customs!)
If you haven't already read it the website is here: http://www.airporthotelshuttle.nl/site/home.asp

I doubt a normal bus would work for you. Given where your hotel is I think it is worth giving the bus a try!
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

hetismij2:

Yes, I found the website and it mentions going to Arrivals Hall 4 to pick up the bus tickets. Sixteen euros one-way seems fine with me, tired as I'll be after my flight.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the information.