Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Anyone ever stay at Hotel Cavalieri, Rome? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/anyone-ever-stay-at-hotel-cavalieri-rome-203042/)

Kathi Apr 21st, 2002 04:28 PM

Anyone ever stay at Hotel Cavalieri, Rome?

We have reservation there in the beginning of June for the last leg of our trip to Italy. I thought we might stay near Piazza Navona on our arrival at the Due Torri, then over near the Forum and Colosseum before we left. (We will be going to Venice and Ravenna in between). There are so many options to choose from! Any way, Fodor's gave this hotel a good review but no other "real people" have critiqued it. Just curious what others might have to say about it. Thanks!

Andrea Apr 21st, 2002 04:39 PM

If this is the Hilton Hotel Cavalieri, my friends just got back from Roma and loved it. It is not super central but they said it has fantastic views of Rome and was one of the best hotels they stayed at their whole trip (which is saying something as they were on an awards trip and stayed at the finest hotels all over Italy.).

Betsy Apr 21st, 2002 04:45 PM

Kathi, if I read your post correctly you're thinking about staying at the Due Torri at the beginning of your trip in May. If this is true, contact the hotel ASAP. They book up months in advance. Good luck!

Kathi Apr 21st, 2002 05:30 PM

Andrea,<BR>The name of the hotel according to their web page is Hotel Fori Imperiali Cavalieri; Fodor's has it listed as just Cavalieri. The Hilton sounds nice from your description. Thanks for your help.<BR><BR>Betsy,<BR>Thank you for your help also! But I do have my reservations at the Due Torri for our May dates. I am looking forward to staying there especially from all the positive comments I've read from this board. I've reread my message and I can see how it sounds like I haven't made reservations yet.

joe Apr 21st, 2002 06:15 PM

We stayed at the Hilton Cavalieri several months ago. We stayed on the executive club floor and it was great. The non-executive club floors did not look so great. On the club floors there was food and drink all day and evening available free to guests. They have many shuttles to central rome each day - also free. The location is not great for a short stroll through Rome at night as it is too far from the center for that.

Betsy Apr 21st, 2002 07:40 PM

Kathi<BR><BR>Oh whew! My husband and I really enjoyed the Due Torri. Very friendly and well-run. Breakfast is great. Enjoy!

Michael Snowdon Apr 21st, 2002 07:45 PM

We are staying there in July, and have heard great things. The one negative is it location, but they have a shuttle at no charge.<BR><BR>Michael

Kathi Apr 22nd, 2002 01:28 PM

Joe,<BR><BR>We have reservations for a junior suite with a balcony. Is that the same as the club rooms? I don't remember seeing any information on them on their web page. Thanks for the info!

Marcie Apr 22nd, 2002 01:55 PM

IMO, very nice hotel...terrible location. I wouldn't stay there again, I'd chose a better location.

Joe Apr 22nd, 2002 02:07 PM

No, junior suites are not necessarily on the club floor. I might call the 800 number or the hilton web site for more details on the executive club floors. THey are the top 2 floors. Or, call the hotel directly in Rome. Good Luck

Kathi Apr 22nd, 2002 02:34 PM

Joe,<BR><BR>I just realized that we are talking about two different hotels. You mention the Hilton Cavalieri, which I didn't pick up on the first time, (which might explain why I didn't know what the club rooms were). I'm referring to the Hotel Fori Imperiali Cavalieri near the Colosseum. But thanks for your help anyway!<BR><BR>Maybe I should repost under a more specific title!<BR><BR>Marcie,<BR><BR>Are we talking about the same hotel?!? If so, what was it about the location you didn't like? <BR><BR> Thanks to you both, Kathi