Anyone ever flown on Corsair?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Bob

Anyone ever flown on Corsair?

We are going on a trip where the charter plane is Corsair. Has anyone ever flown on this airline? Any comments or tips? Should we be concerned about service?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Jack

Bob: We flew Corsair last year. It is a small plane-seats about 20-25?? but boy, the service was EXCELLENT!! For that 1 hour trip, they served drinks, appetiser, full-course lunch and lots of chocolates (My son, being the only child on board, got about a dozen of grapefruit-size Lindt chocolates!!). Very courteous crew. We were a little bit late getting out of Nice though. <BR> <BR>Jack

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 06:48 AM
Phil

Bob: <BR>Are you sure it is *Corsair*? <BR> <BR>The description given by Jack suggests he flew *Crossair* (the chocolates are a dead giveaway). <BR> <BR>CORSair is a French charter airline with *very* tight seating on their long-distance flights. <BR> <BR>CROSSair is a Swiss regional carrier (subsidiary of Swissair), which also offers charter flights.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 07:33 AM
Jack D

<BR><BR> i flew Corsair last sept. from LA to Tahiti. The plane was a jumbo 727 and was acceptable for food and seating confort. But the plane flew non stop from Paris to LA and never let these people off while they refueled and restocked in LA. Corsair is known to be late (a 1:00 am boarding was an hour late) I purchased a tour for $700 for flight, hotel, and transfers so I am not going to complain about that trip. One thing I noticed was French children running up and down the aisles (but can you blame the parents or kids after about 20 hrs on the plane) On the way bacj a young couple was laid out across three seats getting it on (never happen on a US plane) Corsair was different because of its French private affilation.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 09:52 AM
Jack

You're right Phil, it was CROSSair that we flew. Sorry Bob, I got confused with the airline.