Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have Priceline tickets that were cancelled?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 05:45 PM
Kathy

I was supposed to fly to Frankfurt yesterday via Air Canada. I had purchased the ticket on Priceline. Today I called their 800# but there was no specific link for those of us who hold tickets. Any suggestions? Should I expect a refund or a voucher for future use?

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 06:09 PM
abc

Call the airlines, of course. No matter WHERE you're purchased your tickets, situations beyond their (the airlines in question) "control" are generally not refundable. Unless they choose to do otherwise, under the circumstances. So sorry you aren't incredibly relieved that you didn't board a plane destined for oblivion. You jerk, you.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Marc David Miller

Kathy, <BR> <BR>Go to <BR> <BR>http://tickets.priceline.com/alert.a...090e6e60405992 <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Jeff B

Kathy- <BR>I'm new to this board but am (early-on) surprised by responses such as you received from abc. You asked a reasonable question which, I'm sure, in no way was meant to diminish the catastrophe in NY. Rather than simply answering your question you were pointlessly demeaned. I dare say that had you implied (as abc stated) that you were : "...incredibly relieved that you didn't board a plane destined for oblivion." you could/would have been derided for your selfish conceipt and lack of caring for others. Hard for me to understand. Regardless, You should speak with the airline - they issued the ticket. Just remember that patience is in order as they are, no doubt, dealing with an unimaginably difficult and complicated situation from their end of the phone as well. Best of luck!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Kathy

Thanks Mark and Jeff for your helpful information.And to abc, you're awfully quick to assume that I am not grateful for my own life. My question has nothing to do with my gratitude. No one is more concerned about yesterday's events. My trip to Frankfurt was to visit my son who is in the Army and stationed in Vilseck, Germany. Like all the others, he is now on "high alert" and is committed to giving his life for this country if it is asked of him. I've never been called a "jerk" for asking a legitimate question. Shame on you for jumping to conclusions. <BR>Kathy

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Leslie

Kathy, <BR> <BR>Touche. I hope that you are able to get a flight to Frankfurt to see your son. I hope that he and the other American troops abroad will be safe. God speed. <BR> <BR>I also apologize for some of the arrogance and stupidity recently seen on these boards. I can only surmise that these people are confused, full of grief and frustration, and so full of vengeance that they relive themselves by stupidly striking out at anyone that asks an innocent question. It was no one's business for you to provide additional information and it was not necessary to defend yourself. Some people on this board need to get a life and stop criticizing others for trying to get overseas. <BR> <BR>Leslie

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Leslie

Kathy, <BR> <BR>To answer your question, this information was provided in an email today from Smarter Living: <BR> <BR>Priceline.com, Contact your airline directly if you are in the middle of your trip. If your trip is scheduled to depart before Friday at midnight, call Priceline at 800-774-2354. If your trip is scheduled to depart after Friday, visit http://www.priceline.com for updates. <BR> <BR>Air Canada, All departures have been suspended, and flights re-routed. Customers with affected travel plans will be accommodated on later flights without penalty. <BR> <BR>Hope it is of some help. <BR> <BR>Leslie

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Rex

Kathy, <BR> <BR>As the information from other posts indicate, I think that Air Canada will show you a lot of latitude in offering you any reasonable re-schedule or refund you request. <BR> <BR>But I would like to correct the erroneous notion given by "abc" about "circumstances beyond their control". My recent post concerning "Force Majeure" outlines some of the available information about contractual obligations of the airlines in a situation EXACTLY like this - - namely, a governmental action that prevents them from flying. And passengers ARE entitled to refunds (or re-scheduling) in a Force Majeure situation. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Ann

I got through to priceline.com yesterday. They will cancel the flight for you, and give you a refund. At least, that's what they told me. Also, every airline I've seen so far has said you can reschedule your flight for any time you'd like, from 3 months to 1 year from now, at no charge. <BR> <BR>Priceline just told me that I wouldn't get the shipping charges reimbursed. The people there really didn't seem to know what's going on (I was told at one point: "There ain't no panes flying today."), and I felt much better when I had talked to the airline directly. Good luck.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Kathy

Thank you everyone for the information and support for asking a reasonable question. I was able to email customer service at Priceline and they emailed me back with an 800#. I will be getting a refund. Of course I am pleased about this. However, I had already decided that any "loss" I experience would be MINIMAL compared to the loss so many others have endured.